Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Bellevue April 2015

I have decided this will be the year I attend my first event, and what better event then an April 18-19 event
    I've placed an order tech sights for my Mossberg 702 and a GI sling i just need to pick up a couple extra mags since i only have 2

some questions

1. is a RWVA membership required to attend?

2. Anyone that has attended an event at bellevue have recommendation for an inexpensive place to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by warbladejm View Post
    1. is a RWVA membership required to attend?
    No. They are a great org and deserve support, but you don't need to join. Joining and participating does meet the requirements to be able to buy from the CMP.
    2. Anyone that has attended an event at bellevue have recommendation for an inexpensive place to stay?
    Have you seen this: Bellevue Event Information

I can't tell you much more, never been to that one.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Buy a gift certificate and save yourself a few dollars.
    http://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page10.html
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

MGO Member
    Already taken care of

MGO Member
    Hope to see you over in Bellevue in April. I will put the word out and see if we can find you a place to stay over there.

MGO Member
    i had 2 questions, since i asked figured someone else might have same questions
    appears i got 2 responses 1 from someone at the range and 1 from someone affiliated with Appleseed

Range - Are the appleseed 22lr only?No you can use any rifle you want, with that said some of the firing is done as a timed event so a mag feed works better

AS - Are the appleseed 22lr only?
    You can shoot any rifle that you wish up to 8mm (Rifle Caliber). There is only a personal restriction on that which is the price of the ammo. We go through between 300 and 500 rounds in a weekend and some of the larger caliber rifle ammo can get pretty expensive.

Range - is everything done at short range? 95% is done at 25 meter or yards sometimes we prove the training out to 100 yards. The stuff works

is everything done at short range?
    Currently most of our instruction at the Centerline events are done at 25 yards. We may get to break it out to 50 for some testing of learned skills. Currently with the ranges we are using at Centerline it is quite a hike to get to the 100 yard range. At that point we end up taking 2 ranges instead of just the one, so we try not to inconvenience the club as much as possible.

MGO Member
    Wow what an event, as someone who has only been shooting a couple years, the things i learned were very beneficial and drastically improved my groupings, even the simple things like inches,minutes,clicks made a lot more sense when you see it actually explained verse just reading about it.

i have many things to work on before i make my next attempt but there definitely will be a next time

MGO Member
    Wow what an event, as someone who has only been shooting a couple years, the things i learned were very beneficial and drastically improved my groupings, even the simple things like inches,minutes,clicks made a lot more sense when you see it actually explained verse just reading about it.

i have many things to work on before i make my next attempt but there definitely will be a next time
    Glad you had a good time and learned something. Appleseed really helps make shooting more precise Hope to see you out at another shoot. Dry fire and practice NPOA.

MGO Member
    I have a list of things to work on

NPOA
    Sitting positions
    I need to mark sling positions
    I flared the magwell on my Mossberg 702

must say shooting prone is a lot of fun! even doing circle of death drill