Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I carry my PPQ M2 IWB. Not a Navy model so no threaded barrel. It is by far the best pistol I own and have faith and confidence in its performance. Terrificly accurate, great pull, great ergo, hundreds of rounds through it without a single failure.

Point of reference: Beretta M9A1, G17, M&P 9mm and (apples to oranges) a Shield 9mm & XDS 9mm.

I am a Forum User
    I have had Glocks for a long time. G19 is a cold weather carry some days and OC gun of choice right now. I have been wanting a PPQ M1 for a while. Then the VP9 came out confusing my next gun purchase. I have handled the PPQ and VP9 quite a few times now, but finally got a chance to shoot both last week. The PPQ is my favorite trigger, but I really couldn't tell any difference between it and the VP9 when shooting them. I must say the VP9 was the most accurate pistol I recall shooting as far as first experiences go. PPQ was not far behind. Both felt great for me as far a grips with both having the medium inserts.

I didn't notice any snap / muzzle rise I hear so much about on the PPQ due to the high bore access. It was actually quite controlled for me. I really like the PPQ a lot. I plan to get a 4".

Despite shooting real well, and holding real solid in my hand, the VP9 actually was the one with the most rise and movement overall when shooting. I also noted some scuffing of my thumb or thumbs and trigger finger. I made a slight adjustment on the second string to try and eliminate the thumb thing, but still got some trigger finger rubbing. Nothing too serious, but I didn't shoot that many rounds out of the gun given I was testing four guns at the time. My first impression was a bit disappointing due to the gun contacting my fingers oddly. Could be the gun has some dings, rough edges or something that were causing my issues, or maybe I just need to change the grips some. Maybe the recoil spring was messed up or something causing excessive recoil. I found it odd I have to figure out how to hold and shoot it to eliminate it scuffing my fingers. I have never had that with a full size 9mm or even a sub compact 9mm. I was not a fan of the factory glow sights. They didn't glow for me on an indoor range after being in store light and they don't look that bright in day light. I don't see the point of those sights. I would rather they were just white dots for general use. I will give one another try to see if it was just that gun or if the gun general just doesn't agree with me. At least at this time I am not tempted to get two new guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12