Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

West Michigan events update for 2015

The calendar for West Michigan Project Appleseed events is up and we are adding more venues and dates all the time. You can learn more about these, see events for all of Michigan and the rest of the country and sign up at Appleseed's main website appleseedinfo_dot_org

Here's the events on our calendar now for the "western frontier" of our state

2015 Southwest Michigan Events

Manistee
    Manistee Muzzle Loaders Club
    August 29-30

Battle Creek
    Sportsman's*Club*of*Battle*Creek
    Dates Coming Soon

~
    Bellevue
    Centerline of Calhoun County
    March 21-22
    April 18-19
    August 22-23

~
    Niles
    Bend of the River Conservation Club
    April 18-19
    October 17-18

~
    Twin Lakes
    Grasmeyer Bros. LLC
    Dates Coming Soon

~
    Sturgis
    St. Joseph Cty Cons. & Sporstsman Club
    April 11-12

~
    Watervliet
    Watervliet Rod and Gun Club
    Feb 28-Mar1
    May 2-3
    September 19-20

Project Appleseed, dedicated strictly to marksmanship and American heritage, is a nationwide 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan organization. Over 70,000 participants have sent 20 million rounds downrange safely since 2006. Our 600 instructors have each dedicated 100+ hours of hands-on experience and evaluation prior to becoming certified as an instructor.
    Last edited by kilopaparomeo; 01-18-2015 at 09:20 PM.

MGO Member
    And here is the ciurrent 2015 Mich calender and how to sign up. Check back often as dates are constantly added.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-...ename=Michigan

I am a Forum User
    Say, on the May 3rd event in Watervilet, it says "long distance".

Does that mean the full 400 yards? I don't see any reference to what facilities they have on the gun club website.

I am a Forum User
    Great question BRZ

We're trying something new at Watervliet...a "mini-KD" course...out to 200 yds since full 400 yard ranges are few and far between (side note...if you are well acquainted with a range that has a 400 yd range suitBle for Appleseed and you think you could help introduce us...please contact me)

The course in May at WRGC will be a half scale course. With center fire targets at 50, 100, 150 and 200 with 1/2 sized targets. You will start to get some wind effect and you definitely have sight/trajectory changes that you aren't worrying about in the simulated distance 25M course.

We've run 2 competitions like this at Watervliet and its a bunch of fun. Should be an interesting clinic.

I am a Forum User
    South Kent Sportsman's Club has 1 500-meter rifle range for center-fire. Also 200m, 300m and 377m.
    For rim-fire, you can choose between the following ranges: 40m, 60m, 77m & 100m. I have this on the basis of their on-line information.

MGO Member
    i would really like to see something happen at SouthKent but i think it has been checked on in the past and something makes it a no go

I'm planning on attending the April event in Bellevue

I am a Forum User
    Thanks guys.

"Sometime in the past" some folks from Appleseed talked to the board at South Kent. Legend has it the talks didn't go as far as getting a shoot scheduled.

I handle a lot of the coordination on this side of this state and this was "before my time". I'd love to talk with the board again and see if we could make this as a vital part of what South Kent offers. We don't have anything very close to Grand Rapids and this would be great. If you have a contact with someone at South Kent, please PM me or send an email to me at

kris_rich - at - comcast dot net

Thanks!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by warbladejm View Post
    i would really like to see something happen at SouthKent but i think it has been checked on in the past and something makes it a no go

I'm planning on attending the April event in Bellevue
    Bellevue is a great supporter and a nice venue. I get over there to instruct relatively often but if not, you're in great hands with the fellas over that way!

I am a Forum User
    I posted as a separate thread to highlight it to readers, but now Manistee Muzzle Loaders Club is on the schedule for August 29-30! Please add to the list, for folks who might be following this thread as a master schedule. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1 View Post
    I posted as a separate thread to highlight it to readers, but now Manistee Muzzle Loaders Club is on the schedule for August 29-30! Please add to the list, for folks who might be following this thread as a master schedule. Thanks!
    People really need to follow the link in the second post for a "master schedule", if it is not there, you can't register for it (this one is)

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...ename=Michigan

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.