Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Under the Bed Long Gun Locker?

Hi everyone,

So in my previous residence (a rented house) I had my HD shotgun mounted in a ShotLock which was bolted to a wall stud near my side of the bed. I liked it. It was very fast access and good security.

However, we just moved into our first home and the Missus doesn't want to the shotgun "out on display" any more in the ShotLock. Just doesn't like the aesthetic of it. She's perfectly content with buying some kind of under-the-bed locker/safe to replace it though so that I can remain the quick and easy access I want, but not break up the aesthetics of the bedroom.

There seems to umpteen of the damned things on the market though, so I was hoping to tap the collective knowledge of the board to see if anyone could recommend any brands or models? It would at least help narrow the search.

Some of my criteria:

- Preferably a manual coded lock (like the ShotLock). I don't want electronics failing on me at the wrong time, but I also don't want to fumble with a key in the dark during an adrenaline rush.

- Preferably has some kind of pull-out drawer to make access easier. Not a deal breaker by any means though, just a preference.

- Needs to fit a shotgun (Mossberg 500 Special Purpose), but preferably could also fit an AR with magazine and optic attached in case I ever decide to change my HD firearm of choice.

- Budget: Looking at $500 or less. Willing to spend more if I need to in order to get what I want, but don't want to blow the budget what with having a new house (and all that comes with it) already eating up our funds

Thanks!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

So what I'm reading is that you have a ShotLock that you can't use and could maybe part with?

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    So what I'm reading is that you have a ShotLock that you can't use and could maybe part with?
    Maybe. If I can get another way of storing the shotty setup :P

So...no one has any opinions?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyComrade View Post
    So...no one has any opinions?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmqhh0nWrc

Under 400usd

I am a Forum User
    It has an electronic keypad, but otherwise fits what you are looking for...
    http://www.amsecusa.com/gun-safes/defense-vault/

Lol, just realized it's the same product in the video above.

It sounds like you like the ShotLock. Can't you just relocate it? Mount it on the side wall inside your bedroom closet. Mount it to the floor under your side of the bed? Wall mount it behind a large dresser mirror. Just some ideas. Maybe wall mount it like it was before, but put some flowers on it or paint it pink..:P

- Joe

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joelansing View Post
    ........Mount it on the side wall inside your bedroom closet.........
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by joelansing View Post
    It sounds like you like the ShotLock. Can't you just relocate it? Mount it on the side wall inside your bedroom closet. Mount it to the floor under your side of the bed? Wall mount it behind a large dresser mirror. Just some ideas. Maybe wall mount it like it was before, but put some flowers on it or paint it pink..:P

- Joe
    I'm honestly starting to lean this route. I just don't really like the alternatives, the ShotLock gives me practically everything I want in a neat little package (that I've already bought too!), so I may need to negotiate with the Missus where I can put it.

She's agreed that I could mount it in the closet, but that's actually on her side of the bed. Not terrible, but not necessarily ideal as I'd prefer it even closer at-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyComrade View Post
    <snip>
    but that's actually on her side of the bed. Not terrible, but not necessarily ideal as I'd prefer it even closer at-hand.
    Switch sides!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast