Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Cool Safe Lighting on the cheap PICS but not the BEST

Well this is how I spend my superbowl sunday when there is winter weather in the area and everyone else is watching the ball game. Personally not a football fan so I added some lights to my safe.

The kit costs 40 dollars plug in are led and have over 12 color combinations from white, to blue, to yellow and green. Strobe, flash, "smooth" and constant are all light functions. The kit is sold at lowes, and is readily available. I have also used this in my toolbox and I liked them. They dont get hot and I have left them on for straight 6 months now in my toolbox and no issues in hot or cold. So i figured I could try them in by gun safe now. The kit comes with 2 24'' strips and you can purchase another 2x24'' extension pack.

A slim remote control chooses the color as well as powers off and on. The lights cord will fit in a small 3/8 hole drilled through the safe. The plug comes apart right before the power box so its a great choice. I just used the adhesive backing with no issues. It stuck well to the material in the safe. They also have life time warranty on them and thats why I chose local lights.

I put a small piece of velcro on the back of the remote and stuck it to the inside of the door. Works well. My safe isnt expensive, nor are my guns comparatively more for storage but YMMV,

HEres some pics, first time posting pics.

Pics are with the lights off and dont really do it justice. With the light on in the room I can see in the main area just fine but searching in the shelving and the small rimfire rack drove me nuts because I couldnt see a thing in there. Much better now. As I can see in quite fine.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I used one of these:
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Westek-In...BC-4/202524826

with a couple sets of rope lights. No colors but turns the lights on when the safe door opens. Keeps them on as long as it senses motion.

An acrylic mirror on the back wall reflects light back toward the front.

Works great! I do like the idea of different colors though. Will have to look into those.

I am a Forum User
    I thought of that,

However seeing as my lights are button activated and no switch I would still have to use the remote, which I don't mind. That and the cost per convenience, I am not in and out of my safe very often.

I most often use white at its brightest setting. The rope lights I have found were bulkier and harder to mount and conceal.

Im a fan a the setup thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Michiganman18 View Post
    Well this is how I spend my superbowl sunday when there is winter weather in the area and everyone else is watching the ball game. Personally not a football fan so I added some lights to my safe.

The kit costs 40 dollars plug in are led and have over 12 color combinations from white, to blue, to yellow and green. Strobe, flash, "smooth" and constant are all light functions. The kit is sold at lowes, and is readily available. I have also used this in my toolbox and I liked them. They dont get hot and I have left them on for straight 6 months now in my toolbox and no issues in hot or cold. So i figured I could try them in by gun safe now. The kit comes with 2 24'' strips and you can purchase another 2x24'' extension pack.

A slim remote control chooses the color as well as powers off and on. The lights cord will fit in a small 3/8 hole drilled through the safe. The plug comes apart right before the power box so its a great choice. I just used the adhesive backing with no issues. It stuck well to the material in the safe. They also have life time warranty on them and thats why I chose local lights.

I put a small piece of velcro on the back of the remote and stuck it to the inside of the door. Works well. My safe isnt expensive, nor are my guns comparatively more for storage but YMMV,

HEres some pics, first time posting pics.

Pics are with the lights off and dont really do it justice. With the light on in the room I can see in the main area just fine but searching in the shelving and the small rimfire rack drove me nuts because I couldnt see a thing in there. Much better now. As I can see in quite fine.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Those eBay led kit are pretty legit. I have a few in stock for a glass wall project

I am a Forum User
    Cool lights!

I use these in closets and the safe. They work very well and can quickly be removed from the magnetic base to be used as a flashlight. Less than 1 Minute from opening the package to install complete.

My wife loves them in the kitchen cabinet base units and under sink.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_331497-3-72445___
    If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower