Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Best budget ar red dot

As the title suggests, in looking for a good "budget" red dot for my ar15
    Looking to spend less than $200. Right now I have a vortex strike fire on my wife's ar. I enjoy using that and am half tempted to buy the newer strikefire II. I also am interested in trying something different. I like the looks of the acog style red dot, so I was looking at the bushnell ar optics 1x mp. I can't seem to find one locally to handle in person. Anyone have firsthand experience with it? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.bushnell.com/tactical/rif...r-optics/1x-mp

Banned
    Vortex SPARC,the Gen I's are being clearanced out to make room for the GenII's

That Bushy in the link is heavy

I am a Forum User
    i have to agree the sparc gen 1 of 2 , Vortex has a decent line fog the money .
    Last edited by bolonytony24; 02-07-2015 at 08:10 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Bushnell TRS25 for around $80 does the job.
    I believe the risers can be had for $25ish.

I am a Forum User
    I killed a SPARC Gen 1 mounted to an AR. Get a bushnell TRS-25, one on 20ga and another on an AK mounted on an ultimak rail without any issue. Primary arms micro dots are good too. Vortex has a great warranty but I'd rather have something that works

Banned
    I sold off my TRS-25 after 3 days on the AR. I got it for $49.XX shipped.
    My second SPARC arrived with no red dot. My 3rd and last one is being traded Sunday at high noon.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the input! I hadnt really given the TRS-25 much thought, but now after looking, and reading some reviews, it seems to be quite a nice optic. It does look a little small though, are they easy to look through?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 32_d3gr33s View Post
    Thanks for the input! I hadnt really given the TRS-25 much thought, but now after looking, and reading some reviews, it seems to be quite a nice optic. It does look a little small though, are they easy to look through?
    I bought one just to find out if I would like a micro RDS. Preliminary observation looks good but I'll have to wait until I get some range time to be sure. I figure for $50 it's a great way to test the Micro RDS form factor before I lay out real $$$ for an Aimpoint H1...

I am a Forum User
    I've had really good luck with my Primary Arms red dot. I think it was $80 or $90. Not one issue with it over the past 2 years. It's always held zero. I can't say its been banged around alot, but it definitely hasn't been handled with kid gloves either.

I am a Forum User
    TRS-25 with a riser is listed for 50 right now in found a deal. I got one a while back when they were like 45 shipped from PSA. Kind of small on a pistol, but fine on a rifle set closer to the eye.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast