Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I have a hero2 with the wi-fi backpack. I got the camera new when they came out, but just recently bought the backpack (on clearance for $30 on Amazon). Aside from the 3 second delay, my only complaint is its inability to transmit through anything but air. On the hood of my car my phone won't receive video (but can control it) from inside. I can get 20-30 yards open air though.

It would be a great idea to use it as a shot cam if there was a way to get it to transmit 100-200 yards.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pkuptruck View Post
    i saw this, and built my own for just over $150.. a little different.. and (IMHO..lol) much better.

mine has a 600+ yard range...

I'll post pics if anyone is interested..

this does not use smart phone... or GoPro. Has a range of just over 600 yards.

Does it record in high quality hd to though?

I thought about making something similiar with a really high res. NVR camera so I could record in high deff as well as use it as a spotter.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    Does it record in high quality hd to though?

I thought about making something similiar with a really high res. NVR camera so I could record in high deff as well as use it as a spotter.

not like it is.. but that was not the intent. it was intended to spot/verify targets around 600 yards. why would I want to record a target session?!?!?

i could make it android/ios compatable and therefore, record to your smartphone. but .. why?

Quote Originally Posted by pkuptruck View Post
    not like it is.. but that was not the intent. it was intended to spot/verify targets around 600 yards. why would I want to record a target session?!?!?

i could make it android/ios compatable and therefore, record to your smartphone. but .. why?
    The "why?" is more like a "why not?"...A high res HD camera with a 600yd range from the reciever could have its uses...Especially if it has a high enough frame rate to do some cool slow motion stuff!

I totally would record shooting sessions too...would add a second cam to the setup to record me AND down range simultanesely.

I get it though, you didn't/don't have the need for recording so you didn't go that route...You could always add a "head unit" to record the incoming feed if you ever wanted to go that route.

I got a couple of the Raspberry Pi models laying around...I might have to revisit this idea!
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 07-16-2016 at 05:56 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    The "why?" is more like a "why not?"...A high res HD camera with a 600yd range from the reciever could have its uses...Especially if it has a high enough frame rate to do some cool slow motion stuff!

I totally would record shooting sessions too...would add a second cam to the setup to record me AND down range simultanesely.

I get it though, you didn't/don't have the need for recording so you didn't go that route...You could always add a "head unit" to record the incoming feed if you ever wanted to go that route.
    the monitor and receiver are BOTH dual channel.. so it could be done.. and recording only requires an additional $50 ios/android transmitter.. then you could live stream your sessions!

.. working on a version that will do 1.5 miles.. THATS tricky..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHammer View Post
    Hey dude this is long already not new, modern phones are so perfect especially cameras. I'm starting to think that after a while they will take a leading position in optics. Did you know that there are special stabilizers for phones that allow you to forget about blur fuzziness or shake when shooting https://gimbalgarage.com/best-gimbals-for-mirrorless-cameras/, it's all in the past now. So the phone can be easily turned into optics device.
    i'd love to see an Iphone or android phone zoom in at 250 - 400 yrds. regardless of the stabilization..

I am a Forum User
    Phones are replacing everything. Made a list once of everything a phone replaced and it grows everyday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234