Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Gun safe questions

I'm thinking it is time for a safe. I looking to keep total (delivered cost) at $1000 max I'm looking at the Liberty Revolution line
    http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-revo...fes-ps-23.html

Anybody have experience with Liberty Revolution?
    Comments.

I'm going to put have it in the basement. Although flooding hasen't been a problem, I'm thinking of putting it on a platform. Is this a good idea? If so, How would you build the platform -wood, cinder blocks, other?

Any other thoughts or suggestions Ot thoughts?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I left mine on its shipping pallet and know other people to have done the same. Cheap and easy "fix" that buys me a few inches of flood peace of mind even though it's away from the drains/low points.
    My only concern is that I can't really bolt it to the floor that way... but the safe is too big to fit through the door without pulling it or the door frame apart, so... i figure I'm probably alright.

I am a Forum User
    you can build up 4" slab so you can lag it down to the cement. i hear liberty is nice although i do not own one. i am just going to recommend that you go bigger than what you think you need. double your desired size if you can as they fill up quick like a garage does.

I am a Forum User
    After I watched this, I ran out to Homedepot and bolted mine down. I would never use the shipping crate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ViUdd-2LM

My suggestion is to bolt it to the floor, and then seal the gap where the floor meets the safe. This should give you about 3 inchs of flood protection due to the lip on the safe.

One other thing I did was to bolt it in a corner with the side that swings open against a concrete wall. This was to make sure a prybar could not be used.

MGO Member
    wow great video and great info! Learned a lot

I am a Forum User
    Mine is in the basement as well. I have a thin rubber mat that the safe sits on, then bolted to floor. I wanted the barrier so no moisture would wick up from the cement.

I am a Forum User
    I built a base out of 2x6s, then attached carpet. For us taller guys it makes it easier to access since most safes are only about 5 ft tall.

Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    Mine is in the basement as well. I have a thin rubber mat that the safe sits on, then bolted to floor. I wanted the barrier so no moisture would wick up from the cement.
    Mines in the garage same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGO Member Forum User
    Bolt it to the wall. Then bolt it to the other wall (corner installation), then bolt it to the floor too.

The attachment to the structure is the best predictor of a successful or not successful theft.

You could pour a little cement pad 6 or 8" tall (itself well anchored to the floor), and then bolt to the elevated cement pad AND the wall, AND the other wall if possible.

MGO Member
    I have a Liberty Revolution model. I think it is a good, solid safe. I like the dial combo rather than the ecectronic key pad. I ordered with the electric outlet in the safe. It made ad dinging a golden rod easy. I also have LED light strips inside. That is well worth the effort. I got the kit from lightmysafe.com

I have a magnetic light just above the combo dial. That really helps see the numbers.

I have mine raised off the basement floor with 4x4s. I went to Grainger & got anchor bolts of the proper lenght. I drilled the holes completely thru the floor. That way if I ever want to move the safe, all I need to do is remove the nut and drive the stud down. )This is how we mounted machines in a shop that I worked at.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast