Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by who dat
    Sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

You should just get another AR, shoot it, then sell the AR.
    And take another ass beating on that riffle too. I think not. I would like to buy a Saiga .223 but I am having a hard time finding a used local one.
    Last edited by shooter45acp; 11-12-2008 at 04:11 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Knimrod
    My numbers are very similar to XD40SC's... Except I can get unprocessed brass for about $50./1000 (.05 ea.). You can get it for free if you pick it up at the range.
    The problem is that by the time you spend picking up the brass and cleaning it, deprimming it, Trimming it to length, Swaging out the primmer pocket, and then reloading the ammo.

You have more time in to it than what other people think. I also know that you can't get paid for every stage of the reloading process.

I don't think that it is fair that people compare a reloaded brass round to a non-reloadable wolf round.

If it was reloaded by you and you don`t have a license to manufacture, don`t sell it, or take anything in trade. You can give it away, but you are liable for any problems that may come up.
    I`d buy another rifle and shoot it, or tear it down and sell the components.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe
    If it was reloaded by you and you don`t have a license to manufacture, don`t sell it, or take anything in trade. You can give it away, but you are liable for any problems that may come up.
    And therein lies the problem.. The person shooting it isn't the person who loaded it. That offsets the value of the labor at least. There is a fair element of risk involved.

I am a Forum User
    I believe you technically need to have a liscense to sell reloaded ammunition because you are technically a manufacturer due to personal gain from sale or trade

I am a Forum User
    My original guesses off the cuff were a little high, I guess. I got these numbers from current prices at Powder Valley and Top Brass:

8 pounds of Ramshot Tac is $105. Conservatively makes 2200 rounds. Add $20 for haz-mat or buy local to avoid it.

2000 55gr FMJ-BT bullets are $138.

2000 primed and processed cases from Top Brass are about $275 shipped.

So we have:
    (125/2200)+(138/2000)+(275/2000) = 0.263 per round or $263 per 1000 with some powder left over.

If you have brass already and instead of primed brass you buy 5000 small rifle primers for $122.50 (same haz-mat charge as the powder) then we have:

(125/2200)+(0)+(138/2000)+(122.50/5000) = 0.150 per round or $150 per 1000 and you have 3k primers left.

Or you could buy 1000 Wolf for $230, not do any work and just trash or scrap the steel cases and just spend a little more time cleaning your rifle!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter45acp
    The problem is that by the time you spend picking up the brass and cleaning it, deprimming it, Trimming it to length, Swaging out the primmer pocket, and then reloading the ammo.

You have more time in to it than what other people think. I also know that you can't get paid for every stage of the reloading process.

I don't think that it is fair that people compare a reloaded brass round to a non-reloadable wolf round.
    Most people who reload do not save huge on common rounds.... i figure if walmarts average price on 9mm and 45 combined is $.25 cents per round that cost for reloading is $.14 cents per round. The difference is that reloads shoot better and are more accurate. Where your huge savings occur are when reloading a round like 416 Rigby where a box of 20 rounds is $250.....

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe
    If the 1K rounds were in a grey 5 gallon bucket, and I just so happened to need a grey 5 gallon bucket. I would offer him $300.00 for the "grey bucket". He wouldn't need a license that way.

I'm with the other posters on this one, don't sell it. Even if it is carpy rifle that causes the malfunction that blows their fingers off they can still come back to you as the manufacturer of the ammo. By the time the attorneys get through with you you'll owe more than the ammo would have cost you if it was gold plated. Get another rifle to shoot it up yourself or just hold on to it. When the Obamanation comes and the world is at war your neighbors will be glad to trade you survival food stuffs for that ammo and the attorneys will be out of business by then.

MGO Member
    I agree with the upcoming majority, either give it to a buddy who you trust to break it down and reload, or break it down yourself(which is a PITA i know).

Or make sure it fired from a bolt action, as they are a little beafier and should hold up to the occasional hot load, and allows to to check the barrel for obstructions easier between shots if you feel a soft one go off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast