Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I use a dehumidifer with a hose to my floor drain also. I have one of those desiccants that you plug in to dry and then leave it in your safe. Dry it out every few months. No problems.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
    I use a dehumidifer with a hose to my floor drain also. I have one of those desiccants that you plug in to dry and then leave it in your safe. Dry it out every few months. No problems.
    exactly what i do for my safe, though I have two of those dessicant things with hard beads in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN View Post
    exactly what i do for my safe, though I have two of those dessicant things with hard beads in there.
    I have an electric 'goldenrod' dehumidifier rod in each vault, plus a throw away moisture absorber in each one. My big electric dehumidifier for the whole basement is now set lower at 40 percent based on comments here, but seems to run almost constantly in the spring and summer due to the dampness of my basement...mid-50's house just seems very damp. The vaults are good though...
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

I am a Forum User
    I have a house built in 1950, but its not too bad in the basement. probably runs about 30% of the time in summer, almost never in winter.

I have a house built in 1950, but its not too bad in the basement. probably runs about 30% of the time in summer, almost never in winter.
    now I wonder why my basement humidity is so high in the summer. No real water leaks to speak of. The dehumidifier runs almost non-stop, especially when the A/C is on. I should have titled my thread "Basement Moisture", as my gun vault, with both the goldenrods and moisture absorbers, is fine. I appreciate all the info and comments!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

I am a Forum User
    My basement has been painted with drylok also. Maybe your dehumidifier is a small capacity? I think mine is 80 pintsz could be wrong, will have to look.

My basement has been painted with drylok also. Maybe your dehumidifier is a small capacity? I think mine is 80 pintsz could be wrong, will have to look.
    Drylok may be a help. My dehumidifier is not huge-I guess it holds about two gallons or so, and it fills up every 3-4 days. Funny that the ratings are listed in pints just to make the units seem high capacity!

I am a Forum User
    The ratings aren't regarding onboard storage of water, it's the amount of water it can strip from the air in a certain timeframe. Just checked, mine is 70 pint rated.

I am a Forum User
    Things that will help keep a damp basement dry, keeping your gutters clean and downspouts attached to route water away from the foundation. Dry lock the basement walls to help prevent moisture from seeping through the walls, especially block walls.

For those of you who have dehumidifiers in your basements, check this website out: http://www.greedehumidifierrecall.com/ProductEntry.aspx

Apparently Gree makes something like 80% of all residential dehumidifiers sold in the US. They have caused several houses to burn.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast