Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I have an LG and a Frigidaire that I bought last year in August. Looks like I should be unaffected by the recall. The LG works but I basically only use the new Frigidaire. I thought the LG broke in the flood, but once it fully dried out weeks later, it decided to work again.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN View Post
    The ratings aren't regarding onboard storage of water, it's the amount of water it can strip from the air in a certain timeframe. Just checked, mine is 70 pint rated.
    Got It! Duh! I had no idea...
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

I am a Forum User
    My humidifier is set at 45%. It hasn't run much this season. I've got a hygrometer (sp?) to monitor the humidity levels and they've been about 40% in my basement where my safe is.

I am a Forum User
    with the beginning of some humid air outside now, my humidifier is running quite a bit. also doesn't help that we have the windows open to save on A/C. once we have the central air on, I doubt it will run much again.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Ha! Yes! I hat those things. Yesterday, I bumped my dehumidifier down to 40 percent, it has been a couple of years since I have had(seen) any centipedes, but used to see them fairly often. They are the real reason I carry a gun! Gotta rig up the drain hose!
    Thanks, good advice. I had a bunch of those last year!

I am a Forum User
    Even having mine upstairs, I remove quite a bit. Unless I'm running the central air, which takes most of the moisture out of the air. I use the keep dry desiccant from Menards also. I was surprised at how much moisture it pulls out.

I am a Forum User
    I can confirm that ambient humidity of 60% is way too high and enough to promote and sustain most fungal molds. In my wood shop I pretty much have to keep the humidity around 20-25% or my wood takes off on me. I use Golden Rods in both of my safes and even in damp basements I've never had any problems. The only problem was having to drill holes through the side walls of my Mosler safes for the cords but it was worth the trade off. You can buy these unit almost anywhere they sell guns or gun safes they don't cost much. I still use desiccant cans for some things but not for safes.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by garbler View Post
    I can confirm that ambient humidity of 60% is way too high and enough to promote and sustain most fungal molds. In my wood shop I pretty much have to keep the humidity around 20-25% or my wood takes off on me. I use Golden Rods in both of my safes and even in damp basements I've never had any problems. The only problem was having to drill holes through the side walls of my Mosler safes for the cords but it was worth the trade off. You can buy these unit almost anywhere they sell guns or gun safes they don't cost much. I still use desiccant cans for some things but not for safes.

Good luck
    Hey Garbler:
    I use goldenrods in both my vaults, along with dessicant (sp?) cans. The Goldenrods work great! The vaults are good humidity wise, but that damn basement dehumidifier is set at 40% and runs almost constantly. It fills up every other day. I guess I am simply too lazy to route it to the floor drain! I guess I should have titled my thread 'Basement Moisture' instead. I don't have any real basement leaks or seepage, but without the dehumidifier running, the basement is very damp.
    Regards,
    Coatanza
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

I am a Forum User
    Costanza, Sorry I guess I wasn't paying attention. Yea a wet basement is a problem and there are no cheap and easy answers.

Good luck

No problem Garbler!
    Funny I have no basement leaks, except during very hard rain events, yet it is very damp in the basement. No way to afford the waterproofing thing. I guess I will just keep the dehumidifier running...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast