Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am a Forum User
    When I try to keep the humidity down to 50 in my basement using a dehumidifier my electric bill goes up about $75-$80 dollars.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    When I try to keep the humidity down to 50 in my basement using a dehumidifier my electric bill goes up about $75-$80 dollars.
    Yup, mine too. Dehumidifiers are power hunger but it's the trade off I guess.

MGO Member
    A word of caution
    In the past I have used the moisture wicking beads
    one day I was in the vault and while taking the container out I has a stupid attack and spilled a bit didn't notice I spilled a few drops on my Browning GTI well of course Dick Williams had to reblue
    I was not a happy camper

Yes they work no question but be careful
    I put many in my boat over the winter and in the spring all are filled with water and I avoid mold and mildew

Hank

MGO Member
    Ive never had any issues with mine. However I've always put a bunch of silicone packages in mine. So try that

I am a Forum User
    ive read to keep them between 45 and 55% humidity. which I try to keep in that range

A heating rod works fine. It plugs into an outlet and it will get warm but that is enough to keep the air moving inside the safe and it will take care of any problems that humidity may cause.

I am a Forum User
    You are better off using a humidifier in the safe as well as outside. Golden rods do nothing but heat the air, the humidity goes no where. They can also dry out stocks if they are to close.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pips View Post
    You are better off using a humidifier in the safe as well as outside. Golden rods do nothing but heat the air, the humidity goes no where. They can also dry out stocks if they are to close.
    I don't think it's true that these do nothing, they lower the relative humidity so that water does not condense on anything inside the safe, thus preventing rust. And I highly doubt that the few degrees difference is going to be an issue that it will dry out a stock, but maybe someone knows more about this than I do and can chime in

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234