Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Sig's MPX vs CZ's Scopion Evo 3

SD8A3809-Edit.jpg by clicksully, on Flickr

I've been lucky enough to get my hands on both the MPX and the EVO3. Both are in 9mm with a (EVO) 7.72" barrel and (MPX) 8" barrel. I wouldn't say I did anything close to extensive testing on either platform. Just put some rounds through both and messed with the controls. Probably put about 150-200 rounds through each so basically this is a first impression review.

First, I can say that neither failed within that round count. Only thing I did prior to taking them out was strip them, cleaned the shipping oil off and then applied Slip 2000 on them. Both are fitted with an Aimpoint T1.

Comfort goes to the MPX. Everything about it is very comfortable in both hands. It's just a pleasure to have in your hands. The EVO, on the other hand, isn't very comfortable. When shooting, the safety digs into your trigger finger and it just feels cheap. Not saying it's cheaply made. It's plastic and compared to the MPX, which is metal, it just doesn't feel solid.

Controls has to go to the MPX as well. If you like the AR15 platform, you will absolutely love the MPX. And everything is ambidextrous. EVO is too but the controls are a bit different then what you are used to. When pulling the bolt back on the EVO, I found my knuckle hitting the Aimpoints mount which would get a little annoying. MPX has an AR 15 type charging handle. Again, if you are familiar with the AR15 platform, you will feel right at home with the MPX. I think that's huge.

Accuracy will go to the EVO. This thing was extremely accurate. At 50 yards I had 3 shot, 1" group. That was off a bipod in prone. I didn't have the MPX in a bipod which may have cause the accuracy to not be as good but the best 3 shot group I had was 2-3" at 50 yards. In all fairness, the targets were moving in the wind too. A little. I still have to give accuracy to the EVO.

Trigger goes to the MPX. It's fast. Way nicer then the EVO. But both have decent triggers.

Cost goes to the EVO. Half the price of the MPX but you can feel the price difference in the quality of the firearm.

So here's my outcome so far. If money isn't the deciding factor, I would go with the MPX. It's like you've been using the platform already with the controls the same as an AR15. I was dinging an 8" steel plate at 50 yards pretty rapidly resting it on my platform. It feels like it's built to high standards. I like that.

If money is a factor, then the EVO will get you where you want without the high price tag. It's accurate and fun to shoot. I'm sure some mods and furniture can get this thing a little more comfortable to use.
    Last edited by Dsully; 04-19-2015 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Picture added

Account Closed Forum User
    What no video thanks for write up. I just might be leaning more on the side of the MPX.

I am a Forum User
    Can't speak for the MPX (I gave up on waiting a while ago), but I just put my new Scorpion up against my SBR MP5 today. Honestly, I'd agree with the statements about the Scorpion. I felt it shot kinda rough (uncomfortable) as compared to my MP5. The rails really dug into my hand when firing. Still a nice gun for the price. Hoping to SBR it soon. I've had to get used to the goofy mag release, but everything else is pretty natural for me.

Few questions about the mpx if I may...

Does it take a standard AR trigger?

How is it inserting those 9mm mags in that seemingly massive magwell? Do they wobble?

Will the PSB adapter allow a regular buffer tube to be installed to make a SBR? That could hold me over until the telescoping stock hit shelves...

Sig lists an OAL of 35", but how long is it folded/without brace?

Sorry to pester but there just isn't much info out there yet...Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 04-19-2015 at 02:37 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    Few questions about the mpx if I may...

Does it take a standard AR trigger?

To be honest, I don't see why it couldn't. Everything seems to line up

How is it inserting those 9mm mags in that seemingly massive magwell? Do they wobble?

I didn't find it difficult to insert the mags. No more wobble then an AR mag. Maybe a little more but putting pressure on it while shooting didn't cause a malfunction

Will the PSB adapter allow a regular buffer tube to be installed to make a SBR? That could hold me over until the telescoping stock hit shelves...
    You cannot screw an AR buffer on the sig brace adapter

Sig lists an OAL of 35", but how long is it folded/without brace?
    Just under 17" without the brace attached

Sorry to pester but there just isn't much info out there yet...Thank you in advance.
    Answers are in bold

I am a Forum User
    IMHO these are the results You will get every time when comparing a SIG to a CZ. No comparison and price reflects it. Althouth SIG has priced themselves out of consideration on many firearms from my perspective. FNH has slowly and monetarity crept their way up near a SIG, and prici g certainly has played a roll.

I am a Forum User
    That's a great picture.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakland Tactical View Post
    That's a great picture.
    Thanks man

I am a Forum User
    Great review! Sub guns are to much fun. A few followup questions below:

Q1 - Did you find the safety on the EVO encumbered your firing grip? I've read it gets in the way.

Q2 - Whats it like to source mags for either platform, are they easy to come by? Whats the price point on the different mags? (Coming from a guy who likes to buy at least 10 mags for each platform, availability and price also become a concern)

-Thanks

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RECON762WT View Post
    Great review! Sub guns are to much fun. A few followup questions below:

Q1 - Did you find the safety on the EVO encumbered your firing grip? I've read it gets in the way.

As a pistol, it did get in the way but as a SBR, it's less annoying. It does dig into your trigger finger

Q2 - Whats it like to source mags for either platform, are they easy to come by? Whats the price point on the different mags? (Coming from a guy who likes to buy at least 10 mags for each platform, availability and price also become a concern)

Mags for the EVO are getting better in being available and the price tag is about $20 a mag. The MPX mags aren't available as of this moment but talking to Sig, they assured me that stock options and mags will be available. Not positive on this but I heard that the price tag will be triple that of the EVO mags.

-Thanks
    Answers in bold

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast