Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Banned
    LMAO it isn't a Mini 14

Quote Originally Posted by EricF517 View Post
    LMAO it isn't a Mini 14

Nope, tricked out Ruger American..

MGO Member
    Pretty good article in the NRA newsletter on how it is made and it's features. Sniper's hide website was getting 1/2 MOA groups at 850 yards.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti..._campaign=0715

I am a Forum User
    I just need to find the money. I got a friend deal that can do $890.

Banned
    I am on the fence of getting rid of my Savage to pick up one of these in 243.

I am so torn.................

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    That bar clamp on the back will be handy for those wood working projects on the range...

The rifle may be a good shooter, and the chambering is great, but not my cup of tea.
    That's one thing that's cool about it- you can swap that set-up out for something else! Of course, if a traditional stock with heal drop and comb are your thing, then clearly, there isn't anything to be done to make this work for you. But, otherwise... I cannot imagine any other conditions where it cannot be set-up to suit your desires.

I personally dig the factory stock. Looks highly adjustable; to me, that's important. But, I only speak for myself!

Banned
    They were smart and made it so you can use any AR stock on it. I think a PRS would be nice depending on how comfortable the factory was.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by EricF517 View Post
    They were smart and made it so you can use any AR stock on it. I think a PRS would be nice depending on how comfortable the factory was.
    PRS is prob the heaviest AR stock out there! Which, could be good or could be bad, depending on the balance of the rifle as is. I'm really itching to get my hands on one. I have two 700 5R mil-spec rifles, both with some custom work done (though nothing crazy)... the idea that you can go out and buy this rifle, with the features it has... for the same, or less than the 5R. Mind blown.

If this thing is everything Frank said it is on his review, Ruger just stole the entire market from remington and savage. All those $800-$2000 varmint barreled rifles they sell are going to slow down to a trickle. Almost makes me want to unload my 5R's before the value takes a plunge.

Do they or will they make a lefty version?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D View Post
    Do they or will they make a lefty version?
    Haven't seen anything on a lefty version as of yet. It's possible... but just remember, precision rifle shooters are a small subset of the rifle market... LH precision rifle shooters... SUPER small segment of the gun buying public.

Call and ask. I doubt they would be all secretive about it. Maybe the have plans to release a LH version in a year or two.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast