Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I have hunted southern Michigan for 40 years. I have acquired a whole gun safe full. A couple 44 mag long guns just got legal though. I had them for fun to shoot along with my long time legal Ruger pistols. The 77/44 may get some use soon if I leave the ultra slug 20 home, which gives the 44's considerable competition in the longer range accuracy and knockdown departments. I load the 44 so that is the winner in the budget department and the 44's are a whole lot lighter to carry.

I have been thinking 450 bush master though. Not sure if I want to go AR our see what turns up in a bolt gun in a couple years to shoot something a bit hotter than the 44.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow120 View Post
    i think i missed something. can we use rifles down here now?
    Yes, in pistol calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow120 View Post
    i think i missed something. can we use rifles down here now?
    Yes, and NO.

Rifles chambered in certain straight walled cartridges, larger than .35 caliber are allowed on a trial basis in the "limited firearms zone" (formerly known as the shotgun zone).

So, SOME rifles can be used, not rifles as a whole category.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    I still think it would be fun to work up something like this to use in a "limited firearms zone" rifle. Something like a .24 or .30 in a .357 Max case.

Yes - it meets the letter of the law.

MGO Member
    I haven't yet but I plan on getting an upper when I get home. I missed rifle season last year so I didn't bother buying one then.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ View Post
    I still think it would be fun to work up something like this to use in a "limited firearms zone" rifle. Something like a .24 or .30 in a .357 Max case.

Yes - it meets the letter of the law.
    DOES NOT meet the letter of the law. Bullet has to be .35 or larger.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by madmathew View Post
    I haven't yet but I plan on getting an upper when I get home. I missed rifle season last year so I didn't bother buying one then.
    My buddy in Warren should have some Franklin Armory ones for around 600 bux. The Remy build Bushmaster 450 uppers arent as nice as the old ones.

I am a Forum User
    You load those? I have a couple of 357 Max Handi Rifles that need a home....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Browne View Post

Built a 450 bushmaster. Doe didn't make it ten yards after I shot her last season
    With 450 BM you dont get a blood trail. You get an internal organ and bits of broken bone trail.....

MGO Member
    I bought a Ruger 77/44 but will probably just hunt up here unless someone invites me down.. Mounted a nice old Weaver K4 on it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast