Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

450 Bushmaster for southern Michigan rifle zone

Over the last few weeks (as I have had free money) I have purchased a 16" bushmaster upper and modified it to be more of my style and to fit my type of hunting. Well I thought I would put up a quick bench shooting review. The few things I have done included adding a low profile gas block and a troy 15" Alpha rail and three rows of squid grips to give me a better grip without making the grip to large and giving me a few points to rest the gun against trees or shooting sticks. A two point blue force gear vickers sling with push button quick detach sling ends so I can quickly remove it when in a ground blind. I changed out the standard charging handle for a BCM gunfighter ambidextrous (any 5.56 charging handle seams to work). For optics I went with a Redfield Revolution 3-9x50 and a one piece base. I have the upper on a LWRCI factory built lower with a trigger job done by my local gun smith at Not Just Guns in mason, its really smoothed out the trigger and made the trigger break MUCH more crisp. The recoil on the gun in very manageable, I would same similar to a 20g shotgun with slugs or a 50cal muzzleloader with a light load, my wife is able to shoot it with very little to no discomfort. Ammo is kind of hard to find but not to badly priced for a hunting round. I was paying roughly $11-$13 a box of 5 rounds for good slugs. I have found 450 bushmaster ammo available online for $25-$35 a box of 20, so a slight savings plus I get to hunt with my ar. This is going to be a great option for anyone hunting in southern michigan

My new 450 Bushmaster Deer gun

Best 4 shot group I was able to get at 150 yards ( I will post pics when I am able to practice at 200 and 300 yards)
    Last edited by Born_Hunter; 08-16-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Banned
    That is looking like you are ready for season to get here!!

I am a Forum User
    very ready. My wife and I don't buy beef in the store and haven't for the last 3 years, only red meat is venison I have harvested. We have very little venison left from last season, so fresh fish (gills and walleyes). But she is ready for fresh meat so we can have steaks and brats for the grill.

I am a Forum User
    Very nice build. Thanks for sharing. I have been on the fence about a 450 Bushmaster project and you just made up mind for me.

I am a Forum User
    WilliamCutting, You will LOVE that gun. I did just a little shooting tonight at 200yds and was getting base ball sized groups from a less than stable shooting rest. Besides the ability to take deer in southern Michigan. There have been people taking big game up to elk. It is really a do it all gun.

I am a Forum User
    What kind of scopes do ya all have on yours? I can't remember which one, but there's a bdc scope designed for a .45 that I hear works great

MGO Member
    I built one last year with a 20" barrel but I've never shot it!

I ended up putting a scope on a lever action. 44mag and using it instead. Now I have a h&r 500S&W single shot that I just traded for. So it is a difficult decision but I think I'll be sticking with the lever action for now.

I am a Forum User
    One hour and thrity eight minutes from Camp Perry.
    I just ordered and received a Bushmaster AR 16" carbine upper from Midway in 450 BM. Everyone says there is no difference in accuracy with the carbine so I went that shorter route. We'll see. I've yet to mount it up but that will happen this weekend. Plus, Midway has Hornady 450 BM ammo in stock and on sale for $24 box of 20.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by vinegarstrokes07 View Post
    What kind of scopes do ya all have on yours? I can't remember which one, but there's a bdc scope designed for a .45 that I hear works great

I have a Redfield revolution 3-9x50. I have never been a huge fan of the bdc scope I just like to know my hold over at distance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast