Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaneyD View Post
    Disagree. Have both and the .460 has more energy than the .450. Bullets are cheaper when reloading and you have options that the .450 doesn't have. .450 slightly tighter groups.
    Unfortunately I don't reload, so ammo availability is paramount. Not that I would need 1000s of rounds on hand either. I have heard that the .450 is pretty accurate though. Someone was selling a Savage .450 in the marketplace but I couldn't find it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaneyD View Post
    Disagree. Have both and the .460 has more energy than the .450. Bullets are cheaper when reloading and you have options that the .450 doesn't have. .450 slightly tighter groups.
    Bullets aren't cheaper if you use similar bullets to load them with- the bullets made for the .460 are at handgun performance levels-you have to load them down for the rifle- I had to do that with my encore.

MGO Member
    [QUOTE=Armed Fitter;2672373]
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    I am totally against this arbitrary and bureaucratic case length BS for rifles in the Limited Firearms Zone, but unfortunately I have to live with it until we can get that provision removed. Trying to cheat the system will only make others look bad.

But if you think you are going to easily fool a Conservation Officer, you are on your own.

And when a knowledgeable CO stops you, gives you a fat ticket and confiscates your rifle you will come here crying and bitch about how the unreasonable CO mistreated you and took your gun away.

Best of luck to ya![/QUOTE

I know many C/O being in LE myself. I wouldn't chance it as it was a facetious comment. I want to say other states that have this straight wall rule, don't have the case length requirement. Now for the million dollar question. . Does everyone know why the great state implemented the straight wall hunt?
    Probably to sell a few more deer licenses, ie $$$$..

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebz View Post
    If you're willing to spend the money Ruger makes a stainless No. 1 in .450 Bushmaster. The No. 1s are awesome rifles. If it wasn't so damn expensive I'd get it. Last I saw on buds gun shop it was $1,250 or something.
    I believe I read somewhere that Randys in Bad Axe had some 450 Bushmasters in the Ruger 77 carbine ie 77/450.
    Call Randys and ask em. They would be about $700..

Checked Randys website and they have the Ruger American ss/synthetic stock in 450 bushmaster for $499..
    Last edited by langenc; 04-12-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clintsfolly View Post
    I use a 450marlinx1.8 in a Savage 110LH. And have been checked! They looked at the loaded ammo and said "Cool nice build and loading! "
    you use this in zone 3, the shotgun zone, during deer season ?

Is it custom ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebz View Post
    If you're willing to spend the money Ruger makes a stainless No. 1 in .450 Bushmaster. The No. 1s are awesome rifles. If it wasn't so damn expensive I'd get it. Last I saw on buds gun shop it was $1,250 or something.
    I have never held one, but was aware of them. The number 1 has some crazy chamberings for pretty inexpensive compared to bolt actions and semi autos.

Still not cheap, guess i gotta go find one somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    I believe I read somewhere that Randys in Bad Axe had some 450 Bushmasters in the Ruger 77 carbine ie 77/450.
    Call Randys and ask em. They would be about $700..

Checked Randys website and they have the Ruger American ss/synthetic stock in 450 bushmaster for $499..
    so is that a no on the ruger 450 model 77 ?

I am really set on a hopefully stainless ruger or savage, who ever gets me the 450 in stainless first gets the sale.

That will be all i need for hunting anywhere i go in this state.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456