Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Hi Joe, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to contribute something positive. I'll try to make it an ongoing practice.

Re: dry firing a rimfire firearm: while some rimfire firearms are designed to permit the practice without damage (firing pins that mechanically cannot reach the chamber face), I play it safe and use these:

http://www.amazon.com/-Zoom-6-Pack-P...um+22+snap+cap

Re: trigger weight: .22's may be more difficult to tune at very low pull weights, but 11 pounds is, in my experience, wholly unnecessary, and in fact detrimental to good shooting; even 6.5 lbs (approximate current weight of the P938-22 trigger) is not necessary for reliable function. For example, I use this kit https://www.volquartsen.com/products/354-accurizing-kit in a MkIII, and it is very reliable. I have measured the trigger at 3.5 lbs, though it is advertised as being usable when set up all the way down to 2 lbs.

Thanks for a very well written and documented, informative thread!

Brian

I am a Forum User
    >>>UPDATE<<< >>>NEW PICS<<<

Osprey Micro finally sprung from NFA jail (brief review to follow over in the NFA forum)! Stopped by the range and ran 75 through the little bugger, officially putting us over the 1,000 round mark (1,005, to be precise) (70 Aguila Pistol Match, 5 RWS subs). No malfunctions or issues of any sort occurred. Pistol has not been cleaned or lubed since the start. I have decided to keep the pistol, and will also clean it. While 2,000 rounds without cleaning is the standard benchmark for a centerfire pistol, 1/2 that seems appropriate for a rimfire, and the little gun is quite frankly filthy. I'm tempted to just keep running it until it chokes to see how long it will go, but not that tempted.

Short note on the short can (I know this isn't the NFA forum): sweeeeeet. 3" short, hearing safe. Definitely not as quiet as an AAC element (quietest rimfire pistol can I've tried), but definitely quiet enough to shoot without hurting. And 3" short. 3"!

One pic below of the total package, the second the same thing compared to your average-size grubby paw (I wear a Mechanix "large" glove, for context).

Bottom line: I'm still leery about the rough start this gun had, but the problems so far seemed confined to the initial couple hundred rounds; the last several hundred have been uneventful, and for a non-self-defense pistol, I'm OK with keeping it around. Besides, a hearing safe package you can fit in a suit coat pocket is pretty sweet.

Now if I could find a threaded Beretta 21a, maybe we could get this into pants pocket territory...tbc...

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

" It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12