Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Bluetooth gun safes

I see RFID, Biometric, Combo, Key, etc. Anyone make a Bluetooth safe? I like the idea of using my phone. They make Bluetooth deadbolts and padlocks, hopefully gun safes are coming too.

You may want to check this one out if you haven't all ready seen it.

I am a Forum User
    That is prett cool. I like the keypad, rather than a numbered pad I like the combination with just the 4 buttons, not that it's really any different, but I like it. The rfid is a cool thing, but you've got t gave a card or bracelet, I don't need anything extra to carry. I like the idea of BT because of my phones nearby the safe will own, if not it won't. But really it's probably a poor idea for most people because of the range of BT. If you in another room it could probably be opened even if your not right there paying attention. I didn't look at how much the Hornady Rapid Safe costs, I probably don't want to.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    I didn't look at how much the Hornady Rapid Safe costs, I probably don't want to.
    $200ish shipped (Amazon, Cabelas, etc.)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-2many View Post
    $200ish shipped (Amazon, Cabelas, etc.)
    That's not too bad

I am a Forum User
    So the first place I stopped today had this right on the counter above the guns I as looking at. It is pretty sweet, but I don't think it's for me. They wanted $270 for it.

MGO Member
    If you will trust a an RFID gun safe then would you trust your guns to be RFID?
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    If you will trust a an RFID gun safe then would you trust your guns to be RFID?
    Seriously or jokingly?

I am a Forum User
    Bluetooth is not a tech I would trust for a gun safe, because I understand the limitations on it. But don't believe me, here is an example.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...you-surprised/

Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    I see RFID, Biometric, Combo, Key, etc. Anyone make a Bluetooth safe? I like the idea of using my phone. They make Bluetooth deadbolts and padlocks, hopefully gun safes are coming too.
    What happens when your phone is dead??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast