Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Car Carry

MGO Board of Directors

Having been in an accident, I can fully assure you…anything not strapped-down or wedged into something is GOING FLYING when the collision occurs. Where it stops depends on which direction the collision occurred and what was in its path to stop it (including occupants).

Secure it.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Slight tangent: anyone that does AIWB carry worry about their holster/gun being between their body and the seat belt in an accident?

All summer (the last 5+ years really) I OWB'd at 3 o' clock and had easy access. I have been trying out my newer Eidolon AIWB again now that I am down to my goal body weight and this fear crept back up on me today of having a crushed pelvis because of the AIWB rig. I love it when not seat belted in to a car but once I strap on that belt I no longer care for AIWB. The rig could be unclipped from the belt and set in the arm rest, or a holster mount, but I prefer to handle it as little as possible for obvious reasons.

Interesting ideas. This raises a question for me, though maybe it should be for the legal beagles: When carrying a handgun secured in the center console between the driver and passenger seats such that it would be equally accessible to both the driver and passenger, could the passenger be at risk for a CCW charge if they don't have a CPL but the driver does?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiacus View Post
    Interesting ideas. This raises a question for me, though maybe it should be for the legal beagles: When carrying a handgun secured in the center console between the driver and passenger seats such that it would be equally accessible to both the driver and passenger, could the passenger be at risk for a CCW charge if they don't have a CPL but the driver does?
    If they know it is there, it is accessible to them and you leave the vehicle, definitely.
    If you are in the vehicle and the other two circumstances remain…maybe.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    If they know it is there, it is accessible to them and you leave the vehicle, definitely.
    If you are in the vehicle and the other two circumstances remain…maybe.
    This sort of shenanigans is what convinced my wife to first get her CPL.

Now she carries daily.

I am a Forum User

carrying in a car

I made my self a kind of all in one holster that fits about 90% of my hand guns. I mounted it to the side of my center console so my gun is fight ant where I can grab it with out any effort. there are some on the market what go right under your steering column. I didn't care much for that one I kept hitting it with my knees. so I made one that works much better for me all so a + for mine my right leg hides it well from other drivers. just my

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefefs View Post
    For a brief period I put a Remora (sticky) holster between the driver's seat and centre console and used that. Those holsters suck in general but work pretty well in that role.
    I love my Remora for IWB

I use something like THIS. One side has a belt clip that you can remove then you are left with cut outs both vertical(where the clip was) or horizontal(where your belt would go) to string stuff through to mount to virtually anything with whatever.

Those kinds holsters come in many flavors...The leather holster I linked is re-branded all the time(and actually works well for this purpose).

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    This sort of shenanigans is what convinced my wife to first get her CPL.

Now she carries daily.
    Feels GREAT when they just do it on their own doesn't it?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast