Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Car Carry

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Having been in an accident, I can fully assure you…anything not strapped-down or wedged into something is GOING FLYING when the collision occurs. Where it stops depends on which direction the collision occurred and what was in its path to stop it (including occupants).

Secure it.
    This.

I've been in a few accidents and have been beaten by my belongings and had my shtuff flung all over the roadside.
    My father-in-law took a toolbox to the head, launched by a rear-end collision. 25 years later he still has cognitive problems and a plethora of medical issues.

Secure everything you can. In an accident your unsecured gun becomes a bludgeon, or at best an escapee.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    FB link doesn't work

I am a Forum User
    Why is comfort or discomfort a factor in self defense carry? I can't imagine not having my firearm on my person for a variety of safety reasons.

I've never seen any kind of cop carry a handgun on the car seat, in a made-for-Hollywood car holster, on the dashboard or in an empty MacDonald's cup.

Sounds like show-off, sissy time to me.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 2571 View Post
    Why is comfort or discomfort a factor in self defense carry? I can't imagine not having my firearm on my person for a variety of safety reasons.

I've never seen any kind of cop carry a handgun on the car seat, in a made-for-Hollywood car holster, on the dashboard or in an empty MacDonald's cup.

It's not necessarily all about comfort - it's sometimes about access.

Many who drive for a living choose ankle and shoulder holsters for this reason.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post

thread winner^^^^

I am a Forum User
    recoil will tip that car over

MGO Board of Directors

But consider that many "cop cars" have seats/consoles especially designed for duty belts/holsters, etc. Those that don't…should.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User

Yeah I dont think you read the original question. Had nothing to do with comfort what so ever. Had to do with being able to access the gun with the seatbelt on.

Car Carry
    When I carry at about 4:00 and I am in my car, I find the seat belt interfears with access. I have a friend who lays his gun on the passenger seat. I am not comfortable with that. How do others handle this access problem? TX.

I am a Forum User
    For me easiest draw methods for on person carry holsters I own is Shoulder >> AIWB >> OWB @ 3 o'clock which is my preferred carry method since I generally OC. This time of year wearing a coat I don't mind wearing a shoulder rig but it's a bit over the top in the summer without a coat and not wanting to wear a cover garment. I am really starting to like AIWB carry more and more now that I lost most of my belly but the fear of a crushed pelvic bone from the seat belt riding across the kydex and gun if I got in a car crash has me a bit concerned about carrying this way more often.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast