Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Vortex Strike Eagle

Has anyone had any experience with the Vortex Strike Eagle? I know it's not a high end Vortex, but is it worth the $330? It seems to have pretty good reviews online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Definitely worth the $330, great little scope for the money. There really isn't anything comparable to it being a 1-6, besides the primary arms, which I have no experience with.

The only negatives that I've found:

-green tint to the glass. It's not noticeable when its bright out, but in low light conditions...especially if there is some light behind you, it's very prominent. It tends to reflect back in your face if you are looking at a dark target & there is a bright light source behind you...at times, it's hard to see through.

-the illumination adjustment. I only have two other illuminated reticle scopes, one nightforce SHV, one Leupold vxr. The nightforce has a similar dial for brightness adjustment, but in between every setting, there is an off position. With the strike eagle, there is no off in between settings...so you have to go back to 0 to turn the scope off. The Leupold has a push button for brightness adjustments, but the scope turns off after not moving for a few minutes, and turns back on as soon as you touch the weapon. Both the nightforce and the Leupold are much easier to use than the strike eagle

-dim at high power in low light. With the exit pupil diameter being so small at 6x, it's not surprising...especially with the glass used to keep the price down, but it does get a bit dim at 6x when it's starting to get dark.

-fish eye at 1x. At the 1x setting, there is a slight fish eye effect while looking through the scope. It's not horrible, but it's there.

-1/2 moa click adjustments. Not a big deal for me because it's on a 50 Beowulf AR, not a precision build...but it could be an issue for some people really trying to dial their rifle in tight. Most similar scopes have a 1/10th mil or a 1/4 moa click.

Don't get me wrong, the things I mentioned are negatives...but at $330, it's hard to really bash the scope because of them. I wanted a 6x compact scope for the 200 yard shots, but didn't want to spend $1000+ on a Leupold vx6 or something similar...so the strike eagle is a great option at $330. I have no regrets of buying one, and it even comes with a nice set of flip scope caps, which my other much more expensive scopes didn't. There are many positives about this scope too, and all the reviews I read online before ordering covered them pretty well...but I never saw anybody go through and list the cons of the strike eagle, so here they are .

MGO Member
    I've had mine for a few months now. I like it a lot. Optics are very good and it works very well at 1x or at 6x. At 1x it's not as good as an Aimpoint but is very close and at 6x I've had it to 600yds hitting steel. It tracks well. None of my comments take price into the equation. For the price it is a great deal. I have mine in a Larue mount on a 13.7" Noveske barreled upper. I'm buying another for my 300BO.

MGO Member
    Thank you for the great review, I ordered one after reading your review and love it for what it is. Although it has some detractors I don’t think you can get a better deal on a 1 by 6 scope for just shooting.