Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Renewal-65 days

I am a Forum User

Renewal-65 days

Submitted on 11-23-15, recieved 1-27-16.

MGO Board of Directors

Wow…so far the data clearly shows…Monroe County is dogging the process…
    Most other counties showed anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks shortly after December 1st.
    Then most all fell back to ~30 days (slowdown on the state level, it seems).
    But…~60 days is double the averages we've been seeing so far…

Regardless, as long as the renewal is submitted before expiration, you can continue to carry until the new CPL shows-up. Likewise, if they don't issue new CPLs within 45 days after fingerprinting, your fingerprinting receipt acts as your new CPL.

So, if the Monroe County Clerk's Office is trying to dog the process…they are very limited in how much they can effectively do so.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    As of late December when I submitted my application, the Monroe county fingerprint receipt does not include the required statment (f).
    The receipt does read "This receipt was issued for the purpose of applying for a concealed pistol license and for obtaining fingerprints related to that application. This receipt does not authorize an individual to carry a concealed pistol in this state."

Beginning December 1, 2015, a receipt under this subsection shall contain all of the following:
    (a) The name of the applicant.
    (b) The date and time the receipt is issued.
    (c) The amount paid.
    (d) The name of the entity providing the fingerprint services.
    (e) The applicant’s state-issued driver license or personal identification card number.
    (f) The statement “This receipt was issued for the purpose of applying for a concealed pistol license. As provided in section 5b
    of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.425b, if a license or notice of statutory disqualification is not issued within 45 days after the date this
    receipt was issued, this receipt shall serve as a concealed pistol license for the individual named in the receipt when carried with
    an official state-issued driver license or personal identification card. The receipt is valid as a license until a license or notice of
    statutory disqualification is issued by the county clerk. This receipt does not exempt the individual named in the receipt from
    complying with all applicable laws for the purchase of firearms.”.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by FourSeven View Post
    As of late December when I submitted my application, the Monroe county fingerprint receipt does not include the required statment (f).
    The receipt does read "This receipt was issued for the purpose of applying for a concealed pistol license and for obtaining fingerprints related to that application. This receipt does not authorize an individual to carry a concealed pistol in this state."

Beginning December 1, 2015, a receipt under this subsection shall contain all of the following:
    (a) The name of the applicant.
    (b) The date and time the receipt is issued.
    (c) The amount paid.
    (d) The name of the entity providing the fingerprint services.
    (e) The applicant’s state-issued driver license or personal identification card number.
    (f) The statement “This receipt was issued for the purpose of applying for a concealed pistol license. As provided in section 5b
    of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.425b, if a license or notice of statutory disqualification is not issued within 45 days after the date this
    receipt was issued, this receipt shall serve as a concealed pistol license for the individual named in the receipt when carried with
    an official state-issued driver license or personal identification card. The receipt is valid as a license until a license or notice of
    statutory disqualification is issued by the county clerk. This receipt does not exempt the individual named in the receipt from
    complying with all applicable laws for the purchase of firearms.”.

You should take a copy of the law into wherever you got your fingerprints done and have them issue you a correct receipt.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member Forum User
    FYI they have corrected this as-of January 5th. The clerk printed me out a separate receipt on a piece of paper that contains the correct verbiage. It's a pain to have to carry around a folded-up 8.5x11 sheet of paper, but it's there.