Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member Forum User

Renewal - 17 days

The wife and I both went for renewals Jan 20th. Hers was 7 months expired. I was just happy they got renewed without a hassle as their computer system was down when we applied. We were offered no choice of photo options $115 and they use the DL picture. Some are saying they are using white paper now. Ours are blue but look completely different than the old ones. The old ones looked like laminated paper with a picture thrown on. The new ones look more like a credit card.

MGO Board of Directors

Thanks for the feedback!

There have been 3 stages in the "style" of licenses issued:

1. Paper with picture taped/laminated on.
    2. Plastic ID card printed on blue ID cardstock
    3. Plastic ID card printed on white ID cardstock (with tiny lettering).

I guess 3-1/2 since some are getting the tiny lettering "new style" printed on (old/leftover) blue ID cardstock.

At least Berrien county clerks are not slowing the process. From all of the posts/reports so far, it appears that only ONE out of 83 counties (clerk's offices) is deliberately slowing the process for their residents (Monroe County). Hopefully, MGO's legal counsel will take action against that one county and encourage them to get on track with the other 82 counties…
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.