Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Renewal - 3 Days

My cpl expires in June, went to county clerks office on Friday February. 5th at 9:30 am to renew. Filled out the papers,paid my fee, got my reciept and left. Got the mail today feb8th and my new cpl was delivered.
    A 3 day renewal!!!!! Not sure why it was so fast but obviously the msp returned an answer promptly.
    So in short awesome job to the Livingston county clerk.

MGO Board of Directors

Wow! For all means and purposes, that was a "same day" renewal since they probably put it in the mail later on Friday afternoon…

Moved your thread to the CPL Issuance Timelines by County forum.

-Admin
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bellzbub View Post
    My cpl expires in June, went to county clerks office on Friday February. 5th at 9:30 am to renew. Filled out the papers,paid my fee, got my reciept and left. Got the mail today feb8th and my new cpl was delivered.
    A 3 day renewal!!!!! Not sure why it was so fast but obviously the msp returned an answer promptly.
    So in short awesome job to the Livingston county clerk.
    Livingston county has never processed a CPL for me or my wife in under 90 days.

We still have a wide range of times to issue because of dealing with the counties rather then he state.
    No reason why renewals (and even new) can't be issued at the time of application just like drivers licenses by the S.o.S.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Livingston county has never processed a CPL for me or my wife in under 90 days.

We still have a wide range of times to issue because of dealing with the counties rather then he state.
    No reason why renewals (and even new) can't be issued at the time of application just like drivers licenses by the S.o.S.
    So far, it appears that the "normal" time for all counties is ~30 days (with the exception of Monroe Co. who is clearly not with the program)
    This one (essentially same day @ Livingston Co.) is an exception.

Just after December 1, 2015…many Counties were processing in 2 weeks or less, then most all of them fell back to ~30 days.
    It is my understanding that it is the MSP that got backed-up, causing all counties to have an ~30 day turnaround.

Under the law revision, if you renew BEFORE your previous license expires (even by as little as a day), your renewal receipt immediately serves as your CPL extension until your new one comes….so WHO CARES how long the evil Clerk's offices (oh yeah…AND the MSP) take? NEW licenses should be turned-around in 30 days or less…but worst case scenario is 45 days under the new law (vs nearly a year for some under the old law).

As far as driver's licenses being issued at the time of application…it always seems to take a couple of weeks for mine to show-up. Regarding new CPLs being issued upon application…that can be done WHEN the FBI/MSP turns-around the background check same-day. However, as I stated, when the MSP is slow to turnaround background checks, all 83 counties are slow to issue licenses.

Within 2-3 years (if not sooner), we will be able to renew our CPL online and never see the Clerk's office (apply online, arrives in the mail). We now receive a mailed notification of renewal from the Clerk's office.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    I was in the Liv Co Clerk's office on Friday as well. I was there in the afternoon renewing and they took less than 10 minutes and I was out the door. I'll post when I receive mine. I don't remember how long it took last time but I do remember thinking that it came back fast.

In a way they are issuing at the time of renewal. The Clerk's office told me that my receipt would serve as my new license if my old one were to expire before the new one arrived.

I am a Forum User
    I chalk it up to clean living! Still not sure why it was so fast but I am surely happy about it!