Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I always CC at Great Lakes Crossing. Never seen any signs saying you can't either.

I am a Forum User
    I never look for signs. They better be big and obvious or I didn't see it.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mosnar87 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, not only is CC allowed, but GLX is one of the few malls in the state that doesn't boot folks for OC.

Disclaimer: I've never been to GLX, this opinion is based on previous discussions on this and other internet fora.
    You are likely correct. I've seen OC'ers in GLC mall a multitude of times.

I walk GLC Mall almost every day before work; I try to work in a few miles.
    I have, and do, open carry frequently, and have never had a problem. Several of the security staff have told me they wished more responsible gun owners would o/c, but that is certainly not to be interpreted as an official position of GLC Management.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    I walk GLC Mall almost every day before work; I try to work in a few miles.
    I have, and do, open carry frequently, and have never had a problem. Several of the security staff have told me they wished more responsible gun owners would o/c, but that is certainly not to be interpreted as an official position of GLC Management.
    I pretty much grew up at summit place mall (lived 1/2mile away) and knew a lot of the security staff, and knew a bunch that transferred over to GLC. many of them were very unhappy that they were not supposed to be armed - especially at summit because it was known to have a heavy criminal presence. I can guarantee you that plenty of them wouldn't mind assistance of a "good guy with a gun."
    My aunt was actually summit security chief for a while - she had plenty of stories of getting in front of a gang and saying "I know you're here to get somebody and I really can't stop you. I just called police so you only have a few minutes to do it. I'm telling my guys to back down because there's nothing they can do either, so don't hurt them or anybody else but who you came here for" before letting them get on their way and do their thing. It probably helped that she was a big motherly woman who grew up in a bad part of pontiac speaking more spanish than english, so she could talk to any local gang in their own in their own slang...
    I mean, when you only have a few unarmed security working at a time and 10 armed gang members on a mission... what can you do except hope they don't go too nuts?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    My aunt was actually summit Gang Coordinator for a while - she had plenty of stories of getting in front of a gang and saying "I know you're here to get somebody and I really can't stop you. I just called police so you only have a few minutes to do it. I'm telling my guys to back down because there's nothing they can do either, so don't hurt them or anybody else but who you came here for" before letting them get on their way and do their thing.
    FIFY
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    FIFY
    haha, yeah. but can you honestly say you would have done any differently?
    "observe and report" is the job of an unarmed security guard, not "get into it and get shot" - she probably shouldn't have even gotten as involved as she did, but she didn't want to see innocent kids getting caught up (back then I was one of the innocent kids). She wound up taking a lot of punches for the job, but bullets were above her pay grade.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Maybe I'm missing something (or not keeping up with the CC laws)- but isn't GLC private property? Doesn't that mean you can carry regardless of whatever policy they put into place? I know CC in actual "no carry zones" (like classrooms- etc.) are a big no-no... but I thought private property was fair game. I know they have the right to kick you out (for any reason really) and ban you... but I don't think you can be arrested for disobeying private property's rules.

Banned
    Yes, you can cross any of the Great Lakes armed, just don't go into Canada.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoot & Scoop View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something (or not keeping up with the CC laws)- but isn't GLC private property? Doesn't that mean you can carry regardless of whatever policy they put into place? I know CC in actual "no carry zones" (like classrooms- etc.) are a big no-no... but I thought private property was fair game. I know they have the right to kick you out (for any reason really) and ban you... but I don't think you can be arrested for disobeying private property's rules.
    Might be a good idea to brush up on your legal reference.
    Private property is their house, their rules.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast