Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot & Scoop View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something (or not keeping up with the CC laws)- but isn't GLC private property? Doesn't that mean you can carry regardless of whatever policy they put into place? I know CC in actual "no carry zones" (like classrooms- etc.) are a big no-no... but I thought private property was fair game. I know they have the right to kick you out (for any reason really) and ban you... but I don't think you can be arrested for disobeying private property's rules.
    There are different laws at play here.

In thinking about the CPL laws, GLC is not a no concealed carry zone (unless there is a "bar" or other restricted area within, then that specific business would be off limits for concealed carry).

However, trespass laws also apply. If a private property owner/manager puts you "on notice" that weapons are not allowed (either by a posted sign or by verbal information), you will be in violation of trespass laws if you do not leave the property. Technically, if the private property owner/manager push the issue, they could claim that you were already "on notice" via the posted signs/rules, but in common practice, you are usually verbally put "on notice" and asked to leave. Just remember, "usually" does not mean "always".

Also, if you are faced with using your firearm in otherwise legal defense, the fact that you are someplace that you "shouldn't" have been with a firearm will surely be used against you in court.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

The sign now reads that checking in firearms is only for repairs or service. At the bottom it says cpl holders do not need to check in their firearms. I noticed it a few weeks back but not sure when it was changed.[/QUOTE]

They probably got tired of answering the question all the time.
    Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Garbo44/?ref=hl Mobile App getmobile.remax.com/davidg

Quote Originally Posted by jmoser View Post
    Forget the location but some dummy at a Bass Pro discharged his long gun at the gun counter after bringing it in for inspection / repair etc. Since then they check and clear all guns brought in excluding carry guns. Cabelas and Gander Mtn do the same; you just cant fix stupid and this is good safety SOP.

**actually just googled 'accidental discharge bass pro' and found 4 separate incidents in the past few years alone. ** So they have some good reasons to do this like it or not . . . .
    I had a woman clear her gun at the counter pointing right at me at Firing line about 10 years ago. I didn't even notice but the guy behind the counter yelled at her and grabbed it (probably not the best move either) and sure enough a round went flying.
    Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Garbo44/?ref=hl Mobile App getmobile.remax.com/davidg

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Garbo View Post
    I had a woman clear her gun at the counter pointing right at me at Firing line about 10 years ago. I didn't even notice but the guy behind the counter yelled at her and grabbed it (probably not the best move either) and sure enough a round went flying.
    What did it hit?? And…did you have clean underwear with you?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    What did it hit?? And…did you have clean underwear with you?
    I bet he did up until that moment...

"May the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Might be a good idea to brush up on your legal reference.
    Private property is their house, their rules.
    Yeah I don't think so. Just because a business can arbitrarily come up with their own "laws" or "rules" doesn't mean they can have the police arrest me for violating those "rules". The worst they can do is kick me out "with a notice" and tell me they'll call the cops on me if I come on the property again (I.e. trespassing). Either way it is a moot point because the bulk of the discussion ITT is about concealed carry and the point of CC is for no one to see it. Otherwise- you might as well OC.

I am a Forum User
    Yeah I don't think so. Just because a business can arbitrarily come up with their own "laws" or "rules" doesn't mean they can have the police arrest me for violating those "rules". The worst they can do is kick me out "with a notice" and tell me they'll call the cops on me if I come on the property again (I.e. trespassing). Either way it is a moot point because the bulk of the discussion ITT is about concealed carry and the point of CC is for no one to see it. Otherwise- you might as well OC.
    RIF
    Nowhere did anyone say you could be arbitrarily arrested.
    See Tom's post.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    RIF
    Nowhere did anyone say you could be arbitrarily arrested.
    See Tom's post.
    Way ahead of you. He basically iterated what I said in my two posts ITT... I don't get what you are even contributing to this conversation.

I am a Forum User
    Way ahead of you. He basically iterated what I said in my two posts ITT... I don't get what you are even contributing to this conversation.
    They don't have to kick you out with notice before you can get arrested (that's how it usully works though)

I am a Forum User
    Just to confirm your arrogance could only be proceeded by your ignorance.
    Happy shooting!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast