Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    When asked "Is that real?" would I be subject to any legal issues if I said something like "neh, it's just a lighter"(provided I'm not saying this to a peace officer)?
    It is not a lie if told to a person that does not deserve the truth.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    Legal question:I open carry in a community college after the ruling(assuming wordings are in our favor). I carry my .22mag NAA mini revolver on it's belt buckle holster openly. When asked "Is that real?" would I be subject to any legal issues if I said something like "neh, it's just a lighter"(provided I'm not saying this to a peace officer)?
    Open Carry is only considered Open carry if a reasonable person can tell that you are armed.

If a reasonable person walks up to you and cannot determine that you are carrying a firearm, then it is considered concealed, even if it is in plain view.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    Open Carry is only considered Open carry if a reasonable person can tell that you are armed.

If a reasonable person walks up to you and cannot determine that you are carrying a firearm, then it is considered concealed, even if it is in plain view.
    Thus why you just wear dark clothing with a dark gun. 90% or more of the typical populous will never even notice because they are too oblivious, even though if you just LOOK, it's obvious. It's amazing how "in their own world" people are.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post
    Based on my own experience, many months before a hearing; could be anywhere from a couple of weeks to many more months before a decision. We'll probably be waiting for a decision Christmas time. I have seen very quick decisions (less than 2 weeks after the hearing).

The wheels of justice turn slowly. I can see this get consolidated with the other preemption cases, which could lengthen the times. But it might be worth it. I'm hoping to see something like "if the legislature wanted to carve out schools and colleges it could have done so."
    Damn. I was really hoping this would be all settled up by fall semester! But, that would be a very nice decision, rolling it all together and clearly saying "ALL of you, every single one of you... are preempted. Deal with it".

But, I still have a feeling someone would try to push the issue. "We aren't banning guns of any sorts, but the student code of conduct, a contract which all students must sign before admittance, clearly prohibits weapons". UM seems most likely to try this. People on that side of the curve seem to not care how long their odds are. Plus, it's not their money...

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post
    I have seen very quick decisions (less than 2 weeks after the hearing).
    How do you get word of a decision?

I can see where some cases you probably aren't emotionally charged and, I don't want to say "don't care one way or another," but some cases must be "oh well, we gave it a shot" whereas other cases might be much more important to win.

So do you get a phone call, get a notice in the mail, or an email?
    I cannot imagine seeing the fedex truck pull up with an envelope (if that's how it's done) and the emotional zip one must feel as they open the ruling. Or have I got it all wrong?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I haven't noticed anything posted on Clio? Does anyone know if the appellate briefs have been filed?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    How do you get word of a decision?

I can see where some cases you probably aren't emotionally charged and, I don't want to say "don't care one way or another," but some cases must be "oh well, we gave it a shot" whereas other cases might be much more important to win.

So do you get a phone call, get a notice in the mail, or an email?
    I cannot imagine seeing the fedex truck pull up with an envelope (if that's how it's done) and the emotional zip one must feel as they open the ruling. Or have I got it all wrong?
    I will receive an email. It will then be distributed generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    I haven't noticed anything posted on Clio? Does anyone know if the appellate briefs have been filed?
    I shamelessly borrowed from Dean's brief in the Clio case. It is our belief that the two cases will be consolidated. I think it may even be possible they UM case will be consolidated with ours, which I would consider a good sign.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User
    Nice job Jim! Thank you!

MGO Member Forum User
    Any updates?/Bump

I am a Forum User
    I quickly scanned this thread but have done no further research, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question. But, has MCRGO done anything in regards to this case?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast