Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Brand New Desert Eagle L5 (lightweight .357 mag)

Interesting..... but I still can't get into it. With it being an enormous gun in a caliber that can be met or exceeded by other calibers in a standard sized gun with a lighter weight (.357sig and 10mm come to mind for the widely available calibers), it just doesn't make sense to me in a standard defensive carry role. In a woods carry role for defense against things that are above what a 10mm can defend against, I would much rather have the .44 or .50 option over the .357 in that platform... given that 10mm and .357 are in the same ballpark. If weight is a primary concern, theres always the scandium framed smiths available in either 8 rounds of .357 or 6 rounds of .44 in a full size revolver weighing in less than most standard sized polymer frame guns. Or even a Coonan .357 1911 with similar capacity and half the bulk.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Desert Eagle, and own them in multiple calibers... but my dislike with them was never the size or weight. I'd like to see them design a 'modernized' version that's more ergonomic (with the ability to operate the safety single handed), double action, or one with better build quality (the casting marks on everything just kill me on what's now approaching a $2000 pistol).

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the link. Looks interesting. If it's reasonable priced I'd be more interested.

I am a Forum User
    Nice review my friend.. The YankeeMarshall is pretty jealous now.. LOL

I am a Forum User
    I hope they make a version without the integral brake. I <3 the obscene nature of these pistols