Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
    Any data on that? Not necessarily doubting you but I put mine in the mail basically the day the government shutdown happened and expected it to sit but they cashed my check (ran my CC) a few days later. I have another pending since September and I was hoping that them cashing my check meant that they're still chugging through the applications.
    No, I'm not up to speed on their staffing (every agency is different) but multiple distributors have posted notices about delays. Here is RSR's:

NFA Processing Update: As the result of the government shutdown, RSR is currently experiencing delays in NFA transfer approvals. We will continue to submit transfer applications for newly submitted orders via eForms, but due to the uncertainty related to the end of the shutdown, we are unable to provide estimated dates for approvals. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

DOJ is working in a non-pay status. The check portion of your application is processed by Bank of America under contract (that's who cashed your check/card), then your application is sent to the NFA people. That's where the delay is expected.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    No, I'm not up to speed on their staffing (every agency is different) but multiple distributors have posted notices about delays. Here is RSR's:

NFA Processing Update: As the result of the government shutdown, RSR is currently experiencing delays in NFA transfer approvals. We will continue to submit transfer applications for newly submitted orders via eForms, but due to the uncertainty related to the end of the shutdown, we are unable to provide estimated dates for approvals. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

DOJ is working in a non-pay status. The check portion of your application is processed by Bank of America under contract (that's who cashed your check/card), then your application is sent to the NFA people. That's where the delay is expected.
    That last paragraph explains it. I didn't know how that worked but I didn't expect them to process my payment and was pleasantly surprised when they did. Now I see that I am just letting them hold onto my money for longer...

I am a Forum User
    When applying to the e-form system....how do you guys feel about the waiver/consent for the ATF to use your [any/all] computer info as they see fit? I have nothing to hide, but feel that it's an over-reach, and intrusion. You would think that my firearms activities would be all they'd be interested in.

I am a Forum User
    Now it appears that the e-form system is down again. Probably creating more fiery-hoops, for lawful tax-payers.

I am a Forum User
    Date submitted: 2/21/2019
    Date approved, months or days: 3/3/2019 (11 days)
    Type of owner (individual, trust, corporation): Trust
    Type of form (4-transfer, 1-manufacture): Form 1
    Type of NFA firearm (SBT, SBS, AOW, suppressor, machine gun, etc.): SBR
    Remarks/problems: First NFA item, did the eForm. I thought it'd be a month or so, but I'm glad I was wrong!

I am a Forum User
    Date submitted: 3/11/2019
    Date approved, months or days: 3/28/2019 (17 days)
    Type of owner (individual, trust, corporation): Individual
    Type of form (4-transfer, 1-manufacture): Form 1
    Type of NFA firearm (SBT, SBS, AOW, suppressor, machine gun, etc.): SBR
    Remarks/problems: This was my first time. Had a few problems with the ATF site. Logging off and back on solved those problems. Overall, very easy.

Date submitted: 5-4-18
    Check cashed: 5-14-18
    Approved: 3-25-19
    Stamps to dealer 4-3-19

Michigan Silencer Company in Troy great to deal with. Form 4 trust.
    Two Liberty Mystic X
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

MGO Member
    Date submitted:08-09-2018
    Date approved, months or days:06-30-19 (325 Days)
    Type of owner :Individual
    Type of form :Transfer
    Type of NFA firearm: Suppressor

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    ATF form 4 for suppressor

Individual

Mailed 12/21/2018

we'll see how long...
    Just got the call...approved today!!! I'm in!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Just got the call...approved today!!! I'm in!
    Congratulations! My first stamp took about a year. My next two are pending from 12/31/2018 so it's awesome to see these waits coming down!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast