Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Renewal - less than 80 hours

First in line Monday 8AM was out the door by 8:20AM received it in the mail Thursday at 4PM

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by BPS View Post
    First in line Monday 8AM was out the door by 8:20AM received it in the mail Thursday at 4PM
    holy crap. Used to be we were excited if they did it in 80 days.

Which county office did you got to?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine29 View Post
    Which county office did you got to?
    The Henry Ruff annex

After hearing the stories of long lines I got there early, they open at 8 and I was there at 7

People started arriving at around 730 and a few started getting in line at about 740

the only problem was they were getting in line at the Sheriff's entrance NOT the clerk's entrance

which is the second set of doors from the parking lot so about 745 I get out of my vehicle and walked past 6 people standing at the Sheriff's doors

and I was first at the clerks doors, by the time 8 came around there were 20+ people at the Sheriff's door and only me and 2 other people at the clerks doors.

So the Sheriff opens up his doors and informs all of them they're at the wrong door........

So an FYI to newbies reading this

Get there early and do it first thing in the morning if possible.

There are two entrances, the south which is the Sheriffs office and the north which is the clerks office obviously you want the north doors.

And you can ONLY park in the south parking lot which was packed by the time I left, the north lot is for employees ONLY a few had to leave the line to move there vehicles.

The Sheriff informed everyone that if they were parked in the employees lot or on the shoulder of Henry Ruff they will be receiving a $200 ticket.

So if you reading this consider yourself forewarned.
    Last edited by BPS; 03-26-2016 at 10:31 PM.

MGO Board of Directors

Good info, but you got your norths and souths mixed-up!

South doors (closest to Michigan Ave) are the Sheriff's Office.
    North doors are the Clerk's

Parking is in the south lot only.
    The north lot is clearly marked employees only.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Corrected, THANKS Tom.

Felt bad for the one guy parked on the shoulder, he had an F350 dually hauling a pig roaster the look on his face was priceless when the Sheriff told him he had to park in the lot or get ticketed...