Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

AR-10 upper by Alexandria Pro-Fab

Only a partial review here to start.

I couldn't pass it up, so I bought one of the Alexandria Pro-Fab DPMS pattern AR-10 uppers at Aimsurplus last week. ( http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...p&groupid=2531 ) 18" SS barrel, 1-10 twist, with a 15" free float rail, mid-length gas system, complete with BCG and CH, for $472 shipped. Beyond the stock info on the page, I will give you my first impressions. 1. It is heavy upper, but this is my first .308 build, so I think that is part of the game. I don't have a good scale, but standing on my bathroom scale, it appears to weigh about 6.1 lbs. It comes with 4 fired cases, so it appears to function. 2. I have a stripped PSA PA-10 lower, with only an ALG ACT installed. It appears to match up with the lower pins, and engage the trigger just fine. Fit and finish appear fine for the price point. 3. Down sides, the CH seems a little cheap, and it sticks open at times (this may be remedied with cleaning or breaking in, but I haven't messed around with it yet. Also, I plan to get a BCM gunfighter for it eventually). 4. The FA plunger seems functional, but the BCG has no serrations on it, and the two do not appear to work together. So, the FA is there if you get a new BCG, but until then it appears to be useless.

So, that is what I have for now. Hopefully I will pick up a LPK and sights, and test fire this thing in the next few months. But, as this is a newer item, I wanted to give everyone this quick snap shot from having handled mine!

MGO Member
    Lloyd,

Any updates?

I have a PSA PA10 stripped lower and PSA hasn't really had a complete upper and I cannot find barrels on their sight. So I could piece together something...but then I saw that these were in stock again. Can you post a pic of this upper mated to a pa10 lower? If you do it will be the first I find on the net confirming it works. I would definitely bring a lot of traffic to our site.

I am a Forum User
    Preacherboy, the rest of the parts for my lower were ordered tonight. I will probably have time to assemble it end of May. When I do, I will try to get a pic on here if I can.

MGO Member
    I have all the parts to assemble now too (except sights, but I do have a scope); the pro fab upper does mate up to the pa10 lower. When I get some time I will assemble and try to post a picture on here too.

I highly doubt one could assemble a cheaper ar10 type rifle than this particular setup.

I am a Forum User
    Well, I finally finished assembling my PA-10 lower, and mated the Pro-Fab upper to it. Everything appears functional, other than the bolt catch. Might take some monkeying or modifying to make it work, but as the BCG does not have FA serrations on it either (even though the upper it came with does have a FA), I may just replace the BCG (maybe with one from AIM), and see if that solves both of my problems???