Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Grand Rapids Area Appleseed

By popular demand, you westsiders now have the opportunity of attending an Appleseed close to Grand Rapids. Date is August 15/16, Location is the Caladonia Sportsman's Club just south east of GR. Should be good time as our first Appleseed in Kent County.

Put it on your calender now....

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-...&id_event=3968

I am a Forum User
    I've heard of this before but never actually looked into WHAT it was about. I'm over on the Appleseed page now reading. This does sound like fun.

So this is done with rifles only? Do you know if they allow one to carry a handgun while there even though it's not being shot? Just because I'd be carrying one, just because.

MGO Member
    Awesome! unfortunately I think that slot in my schedule is taken

hopefully things go spectacular and they will host more!

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdogg View Post
    I've heard of this before but never actually looked into WHAT it was about. I'm over on the Appleseed page now reading. This does sound like fun.

So this is done with rifles only? Do you know if they allow one to carry a handgun while there even though it's not being shot? Just because I'd be carrying one, just because.
    Yes, rifles only. While we are all gun guys our insurance carrier does not allow handguns to be carried on the line by students during an event.

Be that as it may, Appleseed is a lot of fun and something everybody should try at least once.
    Last edited by Garymac; 07-17-2015 at 10:07 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Going to try and make this one. I shot rifleman a few years ago. Should be interesting to see if the skills are still present.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster 308 View Post
    Going to try and make this one. I shot rifleman a few years ago. Should be interesting to see if the skills are still present.
    Might want to do some dry firing and boning up on the sling, transitions, positions etc. The skills do get rusty over time.

And everybody spread the word. If we can make this one go, we are more likely to have more in the GR area.

MGO Member
    July is just about history. Time for August Appleseeds in Kent County

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    July is just about history. Time for August Appleseeds in Kent County
    I'm in!
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    It's great to hear from folks who are planning to attend! It's going to be a great weekend. If you have not signed up already, please do, so we know how many to prepare for. A pre-event email will go out tonight or tomorrow to folks who are registered.

I hope to see you this weekend!

MGO Member
    Fun times...
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast