Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    I bought a PPQ and a VP9 at one time.. Sold the PPQ as I could never be satisfied with the grip. If I put the small insert I see my self pointing left after a draw, If I put the large insert I cant wrap my hand around comfortably. If I put the medium insert it leaves a gap between the web of my hand and the top of the frame just under the slide (The beaver tail area).. As such the gun pivots about the humb in the back of the grip and I cant get a controllable grip on the gun.. The trigger on the PPQ is top notch, but I come from a glock platform and I am used to a high grip where i push the web of my habd all the way up in the rear of the frame top.. I couldn't get such a grip on the PPQ no matter how i tried.. I wished that PPQ could put some extra material in their medium grip insert at the top to fill that gap in my hand.

The VP9 on the other hand had the best grip and I can control the gun with a much positive grip allowing to ride the grip high as much as I can.. The trigger is also excellent and very easy to control..

That said, If I get to choose between a PPQ and a VP9, I will go with the better grip because it gives me more control-ability of the gun and that would be the VP9.. Don't waste your time comparing the triggers of the PPQ and the VP9 there are two groups on each side of the fan fence.. In short both are great, The reset on the VP9 tipped the balance for me and the grips and control ability.. Also the rear sight on the PPQ felt so complicated and it felt like it might break or something.. The VP9 rear sight is much more robust.. Hope this helps with your decision.

Out of the box, trigger on the PPQ is much better.
    Own two VP9s, one has over 3,500 rounds through it. The trigger on the one with heavy rounds through it is now better than a PPQ. It takes about 500 to 750 to get the trigger worked in, but once it is, it's butter smooth. The second one only has about 300 rounds through it, and I'll hold one in each hand to dry fire and the difference is night and day.
    Prefer the modularity of the grip panels on the VP9 as well.
    The cocking ears (or whatever they are called) is just extra, but my wife found them very helpful since she doesn't have a strong grip.
    If you're willing to break it in, the VP9 trigger really starts shining. If you're a 'shoot once or twice a year a box of ammo', stick with the PPQ.
    Haven't taken the PPQ apart (shot a buddy's a number of times), so can't comment on the ease of disassembly. The VP9 is really simple to disassemble, but if you're a amateur gunsmith, the VP9 like all HK's, are WAY over-engineered. There is nothing easy about that pistol and you can't do drop in upgrades. Again, don't know about the PPQ side, but HK makes it absolutely non-user friendly.
    That said, I will stick with my VP9s and be happy. I've added a magwell as well as having a threaded barrel so it can act as a host.
    But, as with any gun, rent/borrow and shoot both yourself. You may find one fits your hand better than another.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    I agree with pscipio03 as far as the trigger on the VP9 will get better with more use, but I have never fired a PPQ so I cant compare the two

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Not a fan of striker fired guns AT ALL but he VP9 is designed for 100,000 rounds plus. The Walther will be shot to pieces by 15,000
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Never owned a PPQ but I did ditch my Glocks in lieu of my VP9. Even had a G17 that got cut to a G19, RMR'd, stippled, undercut trigger guard, NiB coated...the whole shebang. I ran that Glock in a little over 100hrs of advanced pistol training classes as well as my personal shooting regimen.

My VP9 has become my EDC for the past year or so. I have about 5K rounds through it with no gun related failures. The gun fits my small hands better than ANYTHING I've tried and I have surely owned a LOT of popular carry guns. I commonly have that feeling that I found my perfect carry gun when un-holstering/re-holstering. It's a good feeling to have especially when you gun whored it quite a bit just to find that one gun that just fits, points, and shoots right for you with little to no compromises.

My trigger has also broke in quite nicely as others have noted.

The cocking ears aren't something I notice myself using, but they don't get in my way and I don't notice them while carrying so they remain on the gun.

Lastly, even if the PPQ fit my hand as well as the VP9; I much prefer the HK style mag release. It works for my small hands better than a typical mag release. I can also use the same exact movement to actuate it when shooting lefty so it is TRULY ambidextrous. I owned a PPS and HATED the Walther version of HK's release. It was NOWHERE near as easy for me to hit vs the HK. Hell, even my HK P2000's release is was easier for me and that one is smaller than the VP9's.

I'll no doubt be buying a second VP9 when they release a tactical model with a threaded barrel...Maybe even 2 at that point.

I love my VP9 if you haven't figured that out yet.

For what it's worth, I pre-ordered mine when they were announced...I'm not sure if there have been any revisions since but I still have had ZERO issues with mine and I don't keep it clean by any means.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 07-01-2016 at 04:14 PM.

I bought a PPS M2 and liked it so much, I bought a Q5 Match. Both feel like they are part of my hand and hold extremely tight 25 yard groups, especially with 147 grain ammo.
    Never had a gun like these two, that feel so natural to hold and aim. Trigger on both of them is great and close to 5lbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12