When I started getting serious about getting a CPL, I also started to get serious abut what gun to use for carry and around the house for self defense.
My last gun purchases had probably been at least 15 years prior, and those were all for Cowboy Action Shooting.
My current SA/DA semi auto has been out of production, hard to get parts for, and many gun smiths don't work on them.

My original thought was to get a full size and sub compact of the same gun model. Such that their operation, sights, triggers, etc would all be similar. So off to the range to try a bunch of rentals I went.

I tried the usual subjects, Glocks, Smith & Wesson, Springfield XD, others and the Sig P320. Both big and small as much as were available to rent.

When everything was said and done, two started to stand out, for grip feel, and how well I shot them first try. Those were the XD Mod 2 and Sig P320. I ended up purchasing the Sig P320 because I seemed to shoot it just a little better. The trigger to me felt like the best of the bunch, and I liked the sights (Sig night lights are about standard I guess).

So a review. I have the SigP320 in 9mm with both a full size frame and subcompact frame, the modular trigger swaps between them. Though I did not buy it because of the modular trigger.
Trigger feel is exactly the same between the two sizes (obviously). It's crisp, and feels pretty good. I've not measured the reset, but it's not long.

I've shot both sizes of this gun several times now, with ball and assorted hollowpoints without any failure to feed or fire. Probably about 800 rounds total between the two. I used it for my CPL class and it worked flawlessly. Follow up shots are pretty quick, and it's comfortable to shoot quickly.

This weapon has no external safeties (no grip, trigger lever, thumb safety, etc.). Take down is easy, and does not require pulling the trigger.

I personally like the looks of this weapon, I really like how it feels in the hand, and I especially like the trigger. As I shoot it more, I'll see how the reliability is, but so far no problems. Compared to other Sig's on price, it's a steal.

It is a perishable skill, still practicing - 30 feet.