Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    Attachment 44396

I exported the new RI-060 to .pdf

Unfortunately, it has to be printed and filled out manually. It crashed Adobe every time I tried to 'enable editing' after exporting to .pdf

See attachment above for printable .pdf
    You da man!

If you use FoxitReader (My default PDF reading/editing program, which is amazing) you can click on the little text button, and place your text in each box. Not as fast/easy as it was before, but still easier than writing it all out.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    You da man!

If you use FoxitReader (My default PDF reading/editing program, which is amazing) you can click on the little text button, and place your text in each box. Not as fast/easy as it was before, but still easier than writing it all out.
    What is the "little text button" you are referring to? I have always used FoxitReader myself for RI60's as well. It was easy to fill out the one, and the other 3 would be auto-filled. I can't figure out how to do it now on the new form. I can get a flashing cursor in the boxes, but it won't let me put in any text???

Quote Originally Posted by shlike View Post
    What is the "little text button" you are referring to? I have always used FoxitReader myself for RI60's as well. It was easy to fill out the one, and the other 3 would be auto-filled. I can't figure out how to do it now on the new form. I can get a flashing cursor in the boxes, but it won't let me put in any text???
    You are correct, when I selected it I saw the flashing box and assumed it worked but did not try to actually put text in. Hopefully they fix this thing so we can actually fill them out on the computer, but until then I will use the old one

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

MGO Board of Directors

Hopefully they fix this thing so we can actually fill them out on the computer, but until then I will use the old one
    Did you call or email them? If not, how do you suppose they will know that it needs to be "fixed"?

517-241-1917
    http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7...0194--,00.html
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Did you call or email them? If not, how do you suppose they will know that it needs to be "fixed"?

517-241-1917
    I am currently sending emails to them with all 12 of my email addresses used over the years. Most inactive, but perfect for things like this

MGO Board of Directors

I am currently sending emails to them with all 12 of my email addresses used over the years. Most inactive, but perfect for things like this

Thanks!

FYI (anyone reading), the fields on the submit email form (linked above) are NOT mandatory. I only filled-in my name, email address and phone number…and even those fields are probably not mandatory.

LIGHT 'EM UP, FOLKS!! Let's get the satisfaction of seeing this fixed in the next couple of days!
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

It's an odd format, I'm partial to PDF too.

It does work for me in Word (365 version, Mac), but I'm going to email them anyway.

MGO Board of Directors

517-241-1917
    Thanks!

FYI (anyone reading), the fields on the submit email form (linked above) are NOT mandatory. I only filled-in my name, email address and phone number…and even those fields are probably not mandatory.

LIGHT 'EM UP, FOLKS!! Let's get the satisfaction of seeing this fixed in the next couple of days!

I just got a call-back from MSP regarding this. I explained in detail what the problem is (they are creating these forms in MS Word, but NOT converting them to pdf documents like they used to…the user base of MS Word is far smaller than the user base of PDF compatible readers).

She said she will pass the word internally at MSP to get this corrected, but she said anybody that has called/emailed about the documents thus far has been happy when she emails them the form directly.

I reemphasized that this will be an ongoing issue if they don't go back to converting the MS Word documents into PDF documents before posting them on the website or emailing them.

MGO Member
    The state page has two forms. One as a pdf and one as a word version. The word version doesn't work with openoffice. The pdf version works, but you have to fill out every form. The last one would fill out all forms as you did the first one.

It would be nice if their latest revision was two sided and on the back it said

"Please do not waste our time if you are licensed to carry by another state MCL 28.432(1)(f)".

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast