Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    II clean them when they get dirty. Some guns that means every trip to the range. some I haven't "cleaned" in years. I've got pistols that after 10 rounds they are filthy and then some that can go several hundred rounds before needing care. All of them get oiled regularly and I'll take my carry pistols and field strip them for a de-linting every couple weeks.

I am a Forum User
    Pistols after every range trip. Rifle firing group I usually determine by round count on how deep of a cleaning I do. Rifle barrels usually around 1,000 rounds or if accuracy drops.

The other day I was at a range with my 14 year old. I pulled my edc out of my pocket to let my son empty the mag on a .380 pocket carry mouse gun. I'm watching him shoot and seeing the slide slowly crawl forward into battery. Yikes! I've been emptying the mag on it once in a while to get rid of bore lint, and old ammo, but not cleaning. I probably hadn't cleaned it in 5 years. I'm going to start cleaning it at least a couple times a year now. It's a Kel-Tec P3AT "Freedom" edition with laser. It's never jammed yet, but I sure had it gummed up a lot. I learned a lesson.
    - Joe

Guns I shoot at the range get cleaned when I get home. Guns I carry get shot at the range quite often and cleaned when I get home. If I see dust in the trigger guard of a carry gun it gets shot at the range during the next range session. I try to get to the range at least once a week. Pretty much takes care of cleaning.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

I am a Forum User
    I typically do a thorough clean when a gun goes into long-term storage.

MGO Member
    I clean after every times as I don't know when the next I'll be able to get out again( especially in these times who knows when anything will be shut down).

I am a Forum User
    My retired Army friend said he would have given me an article 15 after he cleaned my Bushmaster after 10 years of just adding lube before shooting but never had a malfunction.

I clean after use or every other month if not used .

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Maybe I'm obsessive but the first thing I do when I get home from the range is clean my firearms. Then again any typical range trip for me now a days I'm putting a few hundred rounds through my guns; whether it's rifles, pistols, or shotguns.

I am a Forum User
    I usually clean after every range trip or every 100 rounds or so. I've also had guns where I have shot thousands of rounds uncleaned and they function flawlessly. Think it depends on the quality of the firearm and materials used also.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast