Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I clean all my weapons after every range day, or hunt plus I also clean them at least every other month to keep the condensation off from sitting in my gun cabinet. Just like in the Army we cleaned our weapons at least one a week. A clean weapon is a reliable weapon

I am a Forum User
    There shouldn't be any condensation in your safe.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    I don't always clean my guns, but when I do, I use https://www.slip2000.com/
    Someone posted a link for a free sample of that stuff a year or two ago.

I guess their plan work. I purchase it now.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I know a guy who only cleans when it jams, probably every 5000 rounds. But ideally I like to clean my rifles every 200-300 rounds. I dont shoot as often as i'd like so that 200 rounds is probably every other month.

MGO Member Forum User
    Depends on what I'm firing, what ammo I'm putting through it, and how much ammo I'm putting through it...

But in general, after a range session... I clean. Be it 10 rounds or 1000 rounds. If it's one of my Walthers, I clean obsessively. This is because I have found them to be extremely susceptible to malfunctions with dirty ammo (I'm looking at you, TULammo!).

Last edited by Fafnire; 09-29-2017 at 04:39 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I clean after any shooting trip, or if I plan to go within a couple days I will wait until I am done. Sometimes I clean them just for the heck of it. That suffices my urges during those times when I am not able to go shooting. Sometimes I field strip and reassemble just for giggles. It all depends on time of year and season.

I am a Forum User
    This sounds like my M/O. Always clean before it goes back in the safe and occasional deep cleaning when appropriate.

I am a Forum User
    I think I'm used to firing military trashed m9s that have fired10,000 rounds. gunks up and sticks after 60 rounds and you have to assist the slide forward.

I can't sleep unless I've cleaned every weapon that was fired during the day.

The right answer? Probably not.

The M4/ AR-15 should be cleaned as much as humanly possible. If you own one and you aren't cleaning it right now, you're wrong
    Last edited by 11B4PF7; 07-09-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    WARNING: This member can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast