Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Old Skool. Hoppes #9 for cleaning, Rem-oil for lube, Birchwood Casey gun grease on rails. I'm sure there are new & improved products out there. But this stuff has worked for me for decades.
    Same here. It worked for Grandpa, it worked for Dad, and it works for me. No reason to screw up 100 years of a good thing now.

As far as how often, I clean and lube after any time a gun is fired, but that's more for my personal enjoyment and satisfaction than for the performance of the guns.

Sounds like I am doing alright with the carb and choke cleaner spay down and bore snake after a range trip with my AR's then.

Those sprays are ok for cleaning. But take care to lube good afterwards. They evaporate & leave the metal really dry.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Not sure I would use carb cleaner. That stuff is wicked. Never know what it'll eat up.
    I just scrub things a bit with a dirty/oily tooth brush. Drop of oil where needed.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I don't always clean my guns, but when I do, I use https://www.slip2000.com/
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    I don't always clean my guns, but when I do, I use https://www.slip2000.com/
    those products are awesome!

I clean mine within a day or two after shooting. If I know I won't be shooting a firearm for a long time I oil the crap out of it and run a heavily oiled patch down the barrel after it's cleaned. Just be sure to remember to run dry patches down the bore to get the oil out before the next range trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Mark AP View Post
    I clean mine within a day or two after shooting. If I know I won't be shooting a firearm for a long time I oil the crap out of it and run a heavily oiled patch down the barrel after it's cleaned. Just be sure to remember to run dry patches down the bore to get the oil out before the next range trip.

Do you do this with rifles? Do you store them upright? Where does all that extra oil go?
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    Do you do this with rifles? Do you store them upright? Where does all that extra oil go?
    Well when I say heavily oil that's not spraying oil down the bore it's spraying a patch with oil and running it down the bore. I put the rifles on the butt and any extra oil will drain into the action. Every rifle is different. If you have a nice hunting rifle with beautiful wood you would not want oil getting on the stock. I have grease that I will put on if it's a rifle I'm really not going to shoot. I know it's over kill but that's what I do. Like I said though if it something your going to shoot within a year that's over kill, before shooting you would have to degrease and get the oil out of the bore.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Mark AP View Post
    Well when I say heavily oil that's not spraying oil down the bore it's spraying a patch with oil and running it down the bore. I put the rifles on the butt and any extra oil will drain into the action. Every rifle is different. If you have a nice hunting rifle with beautiful wood you would not want oil getting on the stock. I have grease that I will put on if it's a rifle I'm really not going to shoot. I know it's over kill but that's what I do. Like I said though if it something your going to shoot within a year that's over kill, before shooting you would have to degrease and get the oil out of the bore.
    Doesn't seem like overkill to me.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast