Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Savage Model 12FV review

Picked up a Savage Model 12FV in 223 last weekend from Cabela's. It appears that this model is a Cabela's exclusive, as I cannot find them anywhere else online. Paid $419 (Plus Tax)for it, and there is a mail in rebate going on right now. Important note on that is that Cabela's gave me the needed stuff for the rebate, and advised me of it. Savage's Website does not list the FV as one of the Model 12s that are eligible. I will let everyone know if I get a rebate back.

The gun is great, I couldn't be happier.
    Pros: Top Bolt Release, over-size bolt handle, Varmint profile 26" carbon steel 1:9 barrel, Price point was great. Measurement to lands with the listed bullet would put me at an OAL of 2.310, I dig the extra length.

Cons: the Cheapest stock I have ever seen on a savage, But it will be replaced on mine so that was far from a deal breaker
    FullSizeRender.jpg

After putting 20 rounds through to filth it up a bit and get it on paper, I shot this group at 100 yards.
    IMG_3081.jpg
    55gr Nosler FB Tipped Varmageddon
    24.6gr 8208xbr
    CCI 400
    2x fired LC 14 brass, FL sized.
    OAL 2.255
    I have not tuned or developed a load for this rifle yet, this is one for my 1:9 AR.

I think these are a great value for the cost, they can be had in 223, 204, 22-250 and 308.
    Last edited by eric1917; 05-18-2016 at 04:59 PM.

MGO Board of Directors

I have the same rifle (.223), and I am very pleased with mine too. Its not a pretty rifle, the stock sucks, but it is a very accurate rifle! I liked it enough to buy a 12bvss in .22-250 for Pdog hunting, and its a great rifle too.

I am a Forum User
    Just an update, I got the rebate check from Savage yesterday, brings the total price of the gun to $344 (w/o glass or rings)

Couldn't be happier with itimage.jpg