Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Private sale

I am a Forum User

Private sale

Is it ok to ask to see drivers license for a private sale, or am I the only one doing that?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoe View Post
    Is it ok to ask to see drivers license for a private sale, or am I the only one doing that?
    Unless I really want the gun I would probably tell you no
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

In Memoriam Forum User
    I don't have a problem showing my driver's license when purchasing a firearm from a individual, on a private sale.

I always ask for some form of government issued ID to try to ensure that I'm dealing with a law abiding citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyster
    I'm surprised at your response. Besides, why would you even bother to meet up with an individual if you didn't "really want the gun"?
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    This. I've had a guy want to go far as to want to photograph it. Yeah, right... What's next? A blood sample for DNA testing???

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post
    I always ask for some form of government issued ID to try to ensure that I'm dealing with a law abiding citizen.

I'm surprised at your response. Besides, why would you even bother to meet up with an individual if you didn't "really want the gun"?
    It depends. I am 100% compliant with all laws but that is as far as I usually go. I actually would probably show ID but I would never give a copy of my DL and I'm not really fond of even giving a seller my home address on an RI-60. I've had death threats before and while it isn't all that hard to use the Internet to figure out where I live I still find it disquieting on occasion.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

You buy a firearm from someone unknown, you write down no information (long guns);
    then some day in the future the serial number is checked and the buyer learns the firearm has been reported stolen before the purchase.
    What then..

It can be very risky completing a private sale with an unknown person with no information changing hands.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    It depends. I am 100% compliant with all laws but that is as far as I usually go. I actually would probably show ID but I would never give a copy of my DL and I'm not really fond of even giving a seller my home address on an RI-60. I've had death threats before and while it isn't all that hard to use the Internet to figure out where I live I still find it disquieting on occasion.

“Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zcolt45 View Post
    You buy a firearm from someone unknown, you write down no information (long guns);
    then some day in the future the serial number is checked and the buyer learns the firearm has been reported stolen before the purchase.
    What then..

It can be very risky completing a private sale with an unknown person with no information changing hands.
    It could be very risky for them to even try that BS!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zcolt45 View Post
    What then..

Which is why I require photo ID from the cashier at the hardware store when I buy grass seed.

They don't want to give it to me... I don't buy the seed.

I grow a lot of weeds out back.

ALL sales of EVERYTHING should require government issued photo ID & be copied & kept forever.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast