Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Private sale

MGO Board of Directors

It still amazes me that people on a sight owned by a guns activist organization that fights for people to maintain their rights want to go beyond what the law requires for a gun sale.

I am thinking of selling one of my 9mm pistols, but will not sell the any magazines that hold over 10 rounds, and require an signed form from the buyer that they will store it in a safe at all times, and never take it to a school.

Private sale

I ask for id and then make them sign and affidavit that if they ever sell the weapon they notify me, the buyers name so I can keep a paper trail of where the weapon goes. Better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bkglad View Post
    I ask for id and then make them sign and affidavit that if they ever sell the weapon they notify me, the buyers name so I can keep a paper trail of where the weapon goes. Better to be safe than sorry.

PLEASE tell me you're joking.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    PLEASE tell me you're joking.
    I am. Can you put it in purple on Tapatalk. I didn't think I could.

I passed on a rifle I wanted to buy when the seller wanted me sign a bill of sale. I thought he was kidding at first. He wasn't, and I didn't buy.

Dice

When I SELL, I fill out the Ri-060. D.L. & CPL from the buyer in my hand.

When I buy, if the seller fills out the form, I give them my Id.

Long guns ? No Id.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post

Long guns ? No Id.
    WOW... What if one of the long guns you sell gets used in a crime?
    You'll be in prison for the rest of your life or more.

Same result if one you buy was used in a crime or was stolen.... You can't PROVE anything.

I went rounds with a guy on one of the Glock forums last week. He says he requires COPIES of a buyer's DL and CPL, otherwise he won't sell in a private sale. He also requires a signed receipt. And if a potential buyer does not submit to these requirements of it and decides to back out of the sale, well he finds it suspicious and reports the person to the local Sherriff.

He thinks we should all be doing this and if we did, the gun grabbers would no longer pursue anti-gin legislation such as universal background checks and universal registration. He also truly believes criminals won't be able to get their hands on firearms if we all do this.

I had a hard time keeping replies to several paragraphs to explain to him the error of his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post

Long guns ? No Id.
    What is the purpose of the DL if you have a CPL in hand?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by SuedePflow View Post
    I went rounds with a guy on one of the Glock forums last week. He says he requires COPIES of a buyer's DL and CPL, otherwise he won't sell in a private sale. He also requires a signed receipt. And if a potential buyer does not submit to these requirements of it and decides to back out of the sale, well he finds it suspicious and reports the person to the local Sherriff.

He thinks we should all be doing this and if we did, the gun grabbers would no longer pursue anti-gin legislation such as universal background checks and universal registration. He also truly believes criminals won't be able to get their hands on firearms if we all do this.

I had a hard time keeping replies to several paragraphs to explain to him the error of his ways.
    When I sell a power saw (or drill…or end table), I require all of those same things…don't you?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast