Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Private sale

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    And what were you arrested for that you had to produce that title?
    It doesn't really matter if there was an arrest or not. The last registered owner (unless they can show different) is responsible for the disposition of the vehicle. If you were to sell a car, and the new "owner" doesn't transfer the title and just drives it around on "questionable" plates until it dies. When he leaves it on the side of the road the last owner will have the tow bill etc. charged against his credit until it gets cleared up.

In the case where the vehicle was involved in a hit'n'run, of course the current owner is the first investigated. Proof that he sold the car ended all probable problems of responsibility in either the accident or disposal of the vehicle.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    Nobody EVER accompanies the buyer to SOS to make sure that it gets retitled.
    I have on a couple of occasions, but not always.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Does anyone check to make sure someone that want to buy a gun has a safe to store the gun they are selling, might be a good idea, and make sure they have had the training you think they need.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    Does anyone check to make sure someone that want to buy a gun has a safe to store the gun they are selling, might be a good idea, and make sure they have had the training you think they need.
    I don't worry about that too much, I rely on my crystal ball.
    To my knowledge, it hasn't been wrong yet.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I don't worry about that too much, I rely on my crystal ball.
    To my knowledge, it hasn't been wrong yet.
    That's good.
    I seem to get bothered a lot by these threads with everyone doing much more than required to sell a gun. I would guess if any politician suggested we do any of these things we would flame them and never vote for them again.

Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    Last time I was selling a gun, I met up with buyer for lunch. He seemed like a real stand up guy, but then ordered a salad for lunch. I canceled the sale right after I finished my cheeseburger.
    Lmao!!
    Maybe he is a vegan gun owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    It doesn't really matter if there was an arrest or not. The last registered owner (unless they can show different) is responsible for the disposition of the vehicle. If you were to sell a car, and the new "owner" doesn't transfer the title and just drives it around on "questionable" plates until it dies. When he leaves it on the side of the road the last owner will have the tow bill etc. charged against his credit until it gets cleared up.

In the case where the vehicle was involved in a hit'n'run, of course the current owner is the first investigated. Proof that he sold the car ended all probable problems of responsibility in either the accident or disposal of the vehicle.
    was going to write this but you put it a lot more eloquently for me!

I am a Forum User
    Are dealers at Gun&Knife shows commonly willing (for a fee of course) to process FFL transfers for private sales at the events?

Quote Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post
    And over time the legal requirements seem to become blurred. That is why I have asked for D/L - remembering (obviously incorrectly) that it was a requirement. After re-reading the law, it doesn't even look like you have to see the CPL, only enter the number in on the RI-60. Let's get rid of handgun registration completely, folks!
    Amen.

This registration thing is ridiculous.

Time to Make Michigan Great Again, make it Free America again.

I don't care who they are unless I am taking a check.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456