Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Sig red dot optics

Does anyone have any experience with Sig Sauer red dots? I'm really interested in the motion activated on auto off feature and these seem like a good value with the Romeo5 and Romeo4a versions. I also like the small size and weight. Just wondering if anyone has any information to share about these. Any other recommendations in that same price range?
    Last edited by Mr.Donkey; 08-17-2016 at 05:27 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I have the Romeo5. It’s the Best red dot I’ve ever bought

MGO Member
    Have a Romeo5. The size and weight makes it perfect on an AR pistol. The best feature is the auto off/ shake awake dot. It is a very good value for the price point.

I am a Forum User
    I have used them and they are pretty good for their price. I would also check out the holosun 403 and 503. I had two 403b and like the lack of battery compartment on the side. The 403b is basically the same price while the 503 is about $200 but comes with a solar panel for power while in sunlight and the choice of either a 2 mow dot or an EOTech style reticle. Both have the shake awake/auto off feature. The only reason I switched is I got a couple Trijicon MROs.

MGO Member
    Any green dot options in any of these?
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Both holosun models I mentioned can be had with a green dot.

I have two. I’m pretty sure they are are just rebranded products. My reflex, the Romeo1, I have a strong feeling it’s a vortex. Excellent quality. The Romeo5 I have is almost most definitely a Holosun. I have that on an Ultimak so it gets COOKED every time it gets used. Still going strong, and holds zero very well, even after dropping it hard on concrete square on the turret. The shake-awake feature is a good one, and is something I don’t want to be without anymore. If I had a need for another red dot they would be on my short list.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I have two. I’m pretty sure they are are just rebranded products. My reflex, the Romeo1, I have a strong feeling it’s a vortex. Excellent quality. The Romeo5 I have is almost most definitely a Holosun. I have that on an Ultimak so it gets COOKED every time it gets used. Still going strong, and holds zero very well, even after dropping it hard on concrete square on the turret. The shake-awake feature is a good one, and is something I don’t want to be without anymore. If I had a need for another red dot they would be on my short list.
    The Sig Romeo 1 is definitely not like, or based on, the Vortex. The Romeo 1 has the screw hole footprint of a Holoson or Delta Point (not the footprint of any of the Vortex red dots).

Sig is pretty tight lipped about the origin of their Romeo1 & Romeo1 pro red dots but most speculation is that parts are made by Holoson for Sig (lot of similarities to the Holoson).

Banned Forum User
    Have the Romeo5, No regret buying one

I am a Forum User
    I have 2 Romeo5's, for the price point they are hard to beat. I have no regrets with mine either.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast