Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Any other experience with the Romeo 1? I'm looking for a reliable pistol red dot that's small enough to not cause many problems appendix carrying. Was initially thinking an RMR but the price seems to have shot out of my range for the time being.

I am a Forum User
    The Holosun 507c seems to be the rmr alternative that most people are moving toward. There are some good videos on YouTube showing the durability of the dot. Primary arms has an exclusive acss reticle on the 507c which looks interesting.

Thanks for the tip!

I have had a Romeo 1 on my P320 RX for a few years now. I thought for sure it would take a crap on me but it has not. I use it in 3 gun and as a house gun. I even use the optic to chamber a round though I don’t rack it against a table or holster etc. I wish the dot was bigger. The 6 moa would be better suited for a pistol vs the 3. Also make sure you index the battery cap. I have a Romeo 5 on a rifle and had a Romeo 4 DR. Both perform properly. I contemplated a Romeo 5 XDR but got a crazy deal on some holosun 503’s and 3x magnifier combos . They reside on my kids 15-22’s though I have no reservation that they will handle other platforms. I am used to my Trijicon RMR’s, MRO’s and LPVO’s and have Aimpoint micros that are on my main stick so I can benchmark the sigs against them. Quality wise the Sig is close, ruggedness almost there as well. Clarity not yet there but as a budget optic you should be happy with them.

I am a Forum User
    Dear Mr. Donkey:

The Sig Romeo 4 and Romeo 5 are often seen on the bullseye competition line as a economical alternative to the aimpoint H1 micro and they are well liked. The model that the bullseye shooters really go after is a discontinued model, the STS 081 which has a dial as opposed to the pushbuttons and the dial is on the left side of the dot as opposed to the right side of the dot. This dial location makes it a lot more ergonomic for right handed pistol shooters and some rifle shooters prefer the dial on the left side.

I personally own a STS 081 and while it is not on my top of the line competition pistol, it is a very capable dot and have recommended it to many Bullseye shooters.

Also, many shooters prefer the dial as opposed to the dot whereas the dial is a more positive adjustment by turning the dial. The buttons are more of a hit and miss and sometimes you cannot push the button with gloves and such. Other times with the buttons, you try and increase the brightness and all of a sudden you turned it off or you have a different reticle which can be a significant problem if the light changes on the competition line and you want to increase the brightness one notch and you mistakenly turn it off while the clock is ticking. I suppose that familiarity with the equipment will solve this but I just prefer the rotary dial.

You usually can find a new old stock Sig Sauer STS 081 on ebay if you are patient.

Regards,
    Crankster

Quote Originally Posted by anderew j View Post
    It seemss everyone here uses a Romeo 5
    Does the SIG ROMEO MSR RED DOT 1X20 2MOA Compare well with the Romeo5?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin_Miller View Post
    Any other experience with the Romeo 1? I'm looking for a reliable pistol red dot that's small enough to not cause many problems appendix carrying. Was initially thinking an RMR but the price seems to have shot out of my range for the time being.
    I just got a p320 slide with the roneo 1 pro on it. I've never used a rds prior to today. I can honestly say shooting with an rds is like cheating. Also, I have astigmatism, but my prescription safety glasses fixed the flare issue I had looking through the rds with no glasses.

i run an msr and like it. no issues at all. i have not used a romeo 5 to compare, so i cannot speak to that.
    Own it. Respect It. Secure it.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by chosos View Post
    i run an msr and like it. no issues at all. i have not used a romeo 5 to compare, so i cannot speak to that.
    Thanks for your reply!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12