Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Menards has 24 gun Cannon Safe for $399 after rebate

Just saw one at Menards in Lansing. It does have a fire rating too. Yes, you have to send in a rebate form to get the 11% back, but I shop there for other things and play the rebate game.....I like their recessed doors, and they seem to be a tighter fit than other brands in the price range.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by greg531 View Post
    Just saw one at Menards in Lansing. It does have a fire rating too. Yes, you have to send in a rebate form to get the 11% back, but I shop there for other things and play the rebate game.....I like their recessed doors, and they seem to be a tighter fit than other brands in the price range.
    Can't find it on line & their "rebate" comes as a store credit only.

Not my idea of a "rebate". I quit shopping there after getting sucked in just one time.

In Memoriam Forum User
    If you Google Cannon Safes Quality, the reviews are not very favorable. You get what you pay for, when it comes to safes.

I am a Forum User
    and you will find out when you have a large rebate coming , you will not get it some one will steal it and use it. had this happen to us . called about the rebate and they said it was used. good luck , but even a lesser quality safe is still better than none .

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    If you Google Cannon Safes Quality, the reviews are not very favorable. You get what you pay for, when it comes to safes.
    I worked, briefly, at Dunham's 2 weeks ago. The managers corkboard was full of recall and notices on Cannon safes.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Slick762 View Post
    I worked, briefly, at Dunham's 2 weeks ago. The managers corkboard was full of recall and notices on Cannon safes.
    I bought one this spring from Dunhams, battery was dead when O got it, after several batteries I called Cannon, sent out a new lock Mech. have not had any problems after that. 24 gun safe for under $500, cant complain except it did bother me Cannon knew about the issue with the lock must be like a TSB, only replace the bad ones.

You do get what you pay for but I think for many of us, something that keeps the innocent people out is about all we are looking for. Then again, some of us like the protection of an actual safe and not a steel cabinet that looks like a safe. It really depends what your concerns happen to be.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick762 View Post
    Did you work there just to get the cashier? Ahh good times

I am a Forum User
    Completely agree, as most are looking to secure from misuse or the quick smash and grab.

You need to spend mini 4 figures to get real theft protection on a limited number of long guns.

Fireproofing is another gimmick. A quick Google of gun safes after fires shows how devastating the affects of water are on weapons.

Personally I am looking at converting a tool job site box to store weapons and ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast