Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    That might not be a good idea with a 700-lb safe.

I am a Forum User
    I'd suggest getting 2 smaller safes instead of one big one. The kind that are around 400 lbs. dry are very manageable using an appliance dolly. Even the wife and I have moved ours a couple times up/down stairs. Anything heavier and/or wider and you're asking for trouble... hurt yourself, ding your walls, need to hire professionals... etc.

Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Hmmmm.....
    I like that wide-body one that holds a bajillion guns. I think normal price was $1299

I'll probably get it on BF
    So, did you end up getting one?

I recently decided to upgrade to a larger safe and I scooped one up on BF. I completely underestimated how difficult it would be to move an 800 lbs safe into my house with one helper. I've already decided I'm not going to move this one out when I sell the house. Just not interested. Haha

I did not.

Going to wait for thaw, then have Costco deliver one to my driveway.
    I can get in to the garage from there.

I am a Forum User
    You should check out Hoogerhyde safe and lock down in Grand Rapids, they do deliveries and their safes are much better quality.

I am a Forum User
    I too wanted a huge safe.

In the end I decided to buy a small safe and a big stack-on cabinet. I bought a small "real safe" for my more valuable items. Its "small" but has just enough space and I can hide it easier. For bigger items I eventually bought a stack-on 2 door steel cabinet where I can lock up the bigger and less valuable items (like ammo).

I am a Forum User
    We moved the big ts safe into my nephews. Their hi lo to trailer, 4 guys, tilt trailer and safe up on its pallet, walk it to sliding door, used 1 inch PVC tubing and rolled it off pallet and on PVC to room. Two ropes guy on each end got it up over threshold. PVC was the tickett

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234