Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I want a new big safe from Tractor Supply

How do I get it home? I don't even own a truck.....

I was thinking of buying the smaller Costco one only because the delivery is free. It's $799

I'd rather have the HUGE Cannon safe from Tractor Supply on sale for $999.

Why can't they just deliver it for free???

/end pointless rant.

UHAUL

You will have to rent a dolly to move it into the house, rent transportation too.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Big chain, a dolly, hook it to your car. Problem solved.

Tsc they will load it into a truck for you. A tractor with forks will take it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MGO Board of Directors

I bought my safe from Dunhams…2 miles away. I called Able Safe and they (father and son) came some 40+ miles, picked it up from Dunhams, brought it to my house and took it downstairs with a nice stair-climber device. I did consult with them first to make sure I didn't buy too much safe (I have an "L-Shaped" stair case with a landing)…he asked me a few questions and told me the maximum height safe to consider.

WELL worth the money…EVERY penny of it.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post

I was thinking of buying the smaller Costco one only because the delivery is free. It's $799

/end pointless rant.
    Isn't that what friends are for?

TSC delivered mine for $100 to my garage...another $100 for MGO mover to put it in basement...The 6 foot tall Cannon is a nice safe!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

What's the weight on the Cannon?

I've moved my safe twice in the past two years. It's an Amsec that weighs around 600 lbs. I've found it best to remove the door and carry it in separately. It makes the rest of the safe much easier to manhandle. I also found out that my local Ace hardware in town has appliance dollies for rent for $7 per day and they support up to 800 lbs. Harbor Freight coasters are perfect for sliding across carpet once it's in the house.

As for delivery, surely you have a friend with an open trailer. That's as good as it gets for transportation.

I don't have any advice for stairs as I've always kept my safe on the main level of the house.

I am a Forum User

/end pointless rant.
    Is the one fro Costco a Big Horn brand? if so then get that one. The ones from Tractor supply are very cheaply made. That huge safe you're drooling over probably only ways 400lbs. I know when I went to buy one I could rock it and move it just buy pushing on it so I wouldn't consider that a safe. More of a glorified locker. Not trying to piss in your koolaid, they're just not a good investment in my opinion.

As far as moving it, if it's only 600lbs or so you can just have a friend or two help you. You can rent a truck with a lift gate for about $40 a day and a pallet jak for another $10. get a buddy or two to help and you're golden.

Home Depot rents trailers like these

[YOUTUBE]2yrche2hAGc[/YOUTUBE]

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by donald150 View Post
    Home Depot rents trailers like these

[YOUTUBE]2yrche2hAGc[/YOUTUBE]
    They do?

http://www.homedepot.com/c/moving_su...ental#trailers
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast