Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just need to push it from the driveway in to the garage.

My only gripe is getting it to the driveway.

You might laugh, but call your local friendly roll-back tow truck driver. They'll set it down right inside your garage.

Again, laugh if you want, but I had a fully assembled 8x12 shed delivered to my house this way from 60 miles away. The seller paid transportation (and you would negotiate your price here too.. Just tell them to get to it "whenever" this weekend or whatever when they're not busy and tell them to call you so you can meet them at TSC when they're ready... I usually pay about $40-$50 for non-emergency vehicle tows under 30 miles and I can't see why this would be different). The shed guy also moved it all over my property on nothing more than 2 schedule 80 3" PVC pipes. Keep in mind, this is an actual building with 24" on center construction. a shingled roof, barn doors, and siding. It probably goes 800lbs or more that entire process, despite sounding crazy as hell, was no big deal at all. In fact, it was virtually effortless.

So... Call a tow truck, buy $10 of pipe, cut it into a few chunks, and you're good. Or if you can just push it around your garage and that's where its going to stay, skip the pipe.

Gender Mountain safes

I just went by Gander Mntn. and Menards yesterday to look at their safes.

Menards had a couple Cannons, but I wasn't that Impressed. It didn't help that they have a nice 18gun Cannon, with the keypad (cheap plastic) hanging on the wire and a foot below the hole for it.

Gndr Mntn has a really nice 18gun Liberty Lincoln w/tumbler combo. Just what I think I'll get. I was really impressed with it. $549 delivered to your door from the factory.
    Instead of round bars, it uses nearly 1/4" thick bars 3-4" wide.

Made in USA
    http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...-Lock&i=732691
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwelhse View Post
    You might laugh, but call your local friendly roll-back tow truck driver. They'll set it down right inside your garage.

Again, laugh if you want, but I had a fully assembled 8x12 shed delivered to my house this way from 60 miles away. The seller paid transportation (and you would negotiate your price here too.. Just tell them to get to it "whenever" this weekend or whatever when they're not busy and tell them to call you so you can meet them at TSC when they're ready... I usually pay about $40-$50 for non-emergency vehicle tows under 30 miles and I can't see why this would be different). The shed guy also moved it all over my property on nothing more than 2 schedule 80 3" PVC pipes. Keep in mind, this is an actual building with 24" on center construction. a shingled roof, barn doors, and siding. It probably goes 800lbs or more that entire process, despite sounding crazy as hell, was no big deal at all. In fact, it was virtually effortless.

So... Call a tow truck, buy $10 of pipe, cut it into a few chunks, and you're good. Or if you can just push it around your garage and that's where its going to stay, skip the pipe.
    If the tow truck is licensed as a "tow truck" it is illegal for him to haul things other than license-able vehicles and trailers. If the truck has a weight rated plate, the story changes.

I noticed a sign in my local TSC near the biggest safe they had, "free delivery". I am sure that there would be some restrictions on that, but they do offer the service.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    If the tow truck is licensed as a "tow truck" it is illegal for him to haul things other than license-able vehicles and trailers. If the truck has a weight rated plate, the story changes.
    Interesting. As you might imagine with a guy that delivers sheds for money, the story had some twists and turns I didn't mention. It was his private rollback tow truck (he wasn't a tow company or anything) and he did it and other deliveries on the side for extra money for his church. His name was Pastor Bob (yes "Pastor Bob", not "Bob"), and my shed was actually a resold repossession from a guy that used to rent to own them to people in trailer courts.

So, despite the man's unimpeachable moniker, it's entirely possible that this was done without much concern for details of the DOT regs. If a guy wanted to try it, he could probably ask the tow company if they wanted the job and leave the legalities up to them to decide.

I am a Forum User
    is the door removable? a good portion of the weight is in the door, both of mine i removed the doors.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    The wife just said she received an email from TSC for 15% off anything/everything in the store (max discount of $100) for Monday (9/19/16), 5-9pm.
    I was looking at TSC safes too and the store manager was nice enough to tell me that if I waited till the Black Friday sale the $999 safe would probably be on sale again for $799, at least that has been the case the past 2 or 3 years he said. He also said the Black Friday sale would start on a Wednesday and last 7-10 days. Also said they price match for 30 days, so if I bought it for $999 a few weeks before the sale, they would refund the difference if I brought my receipt in. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by xyzijk View Post
    I was looking at TSC safes too and the store manager was nice enough to tell me that if I waited till the Black Friday sale the $999 safe would probably be on sale again for $799, at least that has been the case the past 2 or 3 years he said. He also said the Black Friday sale would start on a Wednesday and last 7-10 days. Also said they price match for 30 days, so if I bought it for $999 a few weeks before the sale, they would refund the difference if I brought my receipt in. We'll see.
    Hmmmm.....
    I like that wide-body one that holds a bajillion guns. I think normal price was $1299

I'll probably get it on BF

I am a Forum User
    come on guys, get out the chains, tow straps, chain fall, small logs & large round pipes for rollers and move the largest safe from tractor supply they are not that heavy ! just a few hundred pounds...also it helps if you were raised by a dad who did demolition of old barns and houses as a hobby...

Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast