Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    excellent ideas in this thread.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    excellent ideas in this thread.
    I agree. Thanks, OP, for asking the question. It's got me thinking...
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...200-Works-fine!

Maybe you could keep the decorations!

sportsmans guide and a few other places sell tubs made like ammo cans but much larger basically a air tight foot locker.

If you have a couple 5 gallon bucks, this lid is screw off and airtight. I use it for sitting on fishing, bringing fish home, storing seed, storing frying oil. But it would make a good ammo can as well. You can buy them at lowes locally https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks for posting the shelving pictures guys...I like the adjustable shelving idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that since it's how the shelves in my nice gun safe work!

Got some pondering to do I guess...I did put up a local craigslist ad looking for a free or filthy cheap freezer or fridge so I'll give it least a week and see what that yields. I do have a relatively large yet flimsy locker in my garage that I may just clear out and repurpose instead now that I got some shelving ideas for inside of it. I had thought of clearing it out and using it for this purpose. I know how I'd shelve it now too!

Some great ideas all around! I'm glad I asked...thanks a ton guys! I'll have this project done by the end of the month, regardless of what route I go. Of course, I'll make sure to share!

And I'm still all ears on any other ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Casualty View Post
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...200-Works-fine!

Maybe you could keep the decorations!
    Looks like it's claimed and it's a bit far for me being I don't have a truck anymore. I put up a Craigslist ad looking for one in my neck of the woods being that I can borrow a buddy's truck if it's just short ordeal. Don't want to ask anybody to drive more than 20-30min away for this ordeal...not that I couldn't; just don't want to. Good looking out though, thanks!

First place I looked was the free cycle on here!
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 10-03-2016 at 10:33 PM.

I was thinking of getting a Knaack job box to store ammo.
    Last edited by Coctailer; 04-21-2019 at 08:44 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I bought 2 used gym lockers on Craigslist. They're the type that are about 7' tall, each has 6 small compartments with locking doors. Each compartment is about 12"x12x12". I cleaned them up real nice, painted them OD green, then got some keyed alike padlocks from eBay. All in all, I'm in for about $120. They're great. I store a ton of shooting/hunting stuff in them. Slings, mags, ammo, knives, deer/turkey calls, gun/scope paperwork.

Now my safe isn't such a mess either.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    I bought 2 used gym lockers on Craigslist. They're the type that are about 7' tall, each has 6 small compartments with locking doors. Each compartment is about 12"x12x12". I cleaned them up real nice, painted them OD green, then got some keyed alike padlocks from eBay. All in all, I'm in for about $120. They're great. I store a ton of shooting/hunting stuff in them. Slings, mags, ammo, knives, deer/turkey calls, gun/scope paperwork.

Now my safe isn't such a mess either.
    That's d*****ately part of the problem for me too....I want to get some more "crap" out of it. More space in the safe means more space for more guns!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    That's d*****ately part of the problem for me too....I want to get some more "crap" out of it. More space in the safe means more space for more guns!
    That was really the main reason I did it... that and I went on a buying spree last winter and acquired 3 new long guns. At the time, the one side of my safe was used for this messy stuff. Now my whole safe is only for guns and my lockers are a blessing. All that crap isn't in there anymore and there's just room for guns. I still keep a few things in the safe because I haven't bought enough guns to fill all the areas of it... yet.

But yeah, the lockers worked out great for me. You can usually always find some cheap/used on CL.

These are mine...

Name:  Locker Pic.jpg
Views: 2354
Size:  92.1 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast